Western Michigan University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview was very informal, as we were connected by a mutual acquaintance. My friend discussed my qualifications with her supervisor, who had mentioned that she may be looking for an additional faculty member. I was contacted by my friend regarding the possibility. So, I researched the place of employment via the Internet and determined I would be interested in discussing the possibility, given the location and culture (from what I could discern). I sent a copy of my Vita, we exchanged a couple of e-mails and scheduled a day and time for a telephone interview. The telephone conversation lasted approximately thirty minutes. I was not 100% interested in the position, and the position was not 100% available. In the end, it turned out that they were going to hire a few part-time faculty, to save money.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that is unique to you?   Answer Question
  • Why are you looking for a new position.   1 Answer