Western Refining Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Refining

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Refining (Bloomfield, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

It went great. I was asked questions and I answered them. I did drug and alcohol tests and passed. It went well I learned a lot that day and felt like it was going to be a great day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, what would I do if I had a problem with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Entry-level Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Refining (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college, received an email almost immediately for schedule an interview. I interviewed with a former auditing supervisor and a younger girl who was just promoted to one. I thought the interview went well until the former supervisor started asking non relevant interview questions, one of which was in regards to my GENDER and how well I would fit into a mostly female workforce..

Interview Questions

• How would you handle work assignments when given from multiple supervisors and people from other departments?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Refining.

Interview

Applied at a university career fair. Got invited to a campus interview several weeks later. After a months or so got a second call to interview at the plant in El Paso. In El Paso, there was a panel interview, a plant walkthrough, and lunch with some of the engineers. Got a call back in about 2 weeks with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Asked for some general information and hobbies, the rest were behavioral questions.
      Interesting question : Tell me about something you strongly believe in that most other people do not.
      Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Refining (Farmington, NM) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied waited three weeks for response when in for an interview interview lasted five minutes took drug test and physical waited a week and a half for results started the next working week a total of almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• What do you have experience fixing things   1 Answer

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Western Refining.

Interview

Interview consisted of initial telephonic interview with an HR representative. Was contacted about one week later setting up an in person interview and test on computer proficiency. Went to interview took test on excel and outlook. Met with VP of Risk Management. Interview consisted of 1:1 interview. Majority of questions were related knowledge of insurance. After the interview waited about 3 weeks prior to being notified of decision. Company was very upfront about salary and benefits prior to attending in person interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Refining (Tempe, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

They used a staffing agency. I had to do an interview with that agency. Then I met with a 3 person panel interview. Standard behavioral interview questions. Waited a day or so for the call, no second interview was required. Work started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer called upset about a missed delivery?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I would encourage others to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Refining in October 2009.

Interview

Interview process consisted of several one on one and two panel interviews. Not too difficult. It was more of a get to know you and them type of interview. Overall it was a decent interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? With your limited experience, what do you bring to the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate. As with all offers there is some room for negotiation. I could not negotiate more as they maxed my offer to the limit.