Western Union Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and didn't call me back after I left two separate messages. I then reapplied for the position and a new recruiter phone screened me. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and didn't hear back anything after reaching out to the recruiter twice AND after they stated they would have an answer back to me. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone screen initially with recruiter
    Multiple interviews with manager, manager's manager, peer team members
    Went back several times and all in person
    Toured site to see where I would work
    Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job   Answer Question

Western Union Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on accepting the offer!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR, and then face to face interview with a manager including skill test. I had a second round interview with other managers. You have to tell them what you can do and what you want to do. Also, you don't need to make a story but you have to show your positive attitude.

Director of Enterprise Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by external recruiter, then forwarded to company. After a few weeks of waiting, phone interview seemed to have gone very well and the process moved very quickly from there and met several people on site in Englewood. Next steps were to be a decision to move forward as the background check process was underway. That's where things went off the rails. First, there was a reorganization and the position moved to report to a peer-level, then more delays as they decided what to do next. Finally, after about 6 weeks, the role had moved once again from an Enterprise Role to a role beneath the CIO covering only technology, and the CIO wanted to completely restart the process and include former colleagues.

It was overall very chaotic with a "hurry-up-and-wait" overtone throughout. What was a very well-organized process became extremely disorganized very quickly, and the original reasons for the role quickly became irrelevant. The company seems to realize that they're at a critical juncture for their products and have competition chasing them, but doesn't seem able to act to address internal politics. I bowed out from the process -- I had another offer that went from initial conversation to confirming role in the time they took to decide on reorganizing, and accepted that.

Interview Questions

• N/A - Interview was more behavioral and strategic in nature.   1 Answer

Compliance & Fraud Analyst, GAI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Probably one of the easiest (and stress free) interviews that I have ever endured. My supervisor and her colleague interviewed me for approximately 1 hour.

I recently joined Western Union because my wife and I relocated from Washington, DC last summer and was immediately impressed with the professional interface with WU recruiters at the Buckley AFB job Fair during Veteran’s Day. In addition, the inaugural Open House for Veterans made me feel truly ‘home’ at WU.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive tasks?
      What is your experience level with Excel? Access?
      What kind of compliance experience do you have?
      Can you analyze details but not get so consumed with the small stuff?
      How do you deal with bringing issues to your supervisor (such as criticisms)?
      Are you a team player, or prefer to work alone?
      Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I received a referral from a former co-worker. He gave me the contact information for the staffing company placing contractors into this position. I called and set up a phone interview for the same evening. The phone interview lasted approximately 10 minutes and then I was asked to come in for a formal interview the next day. At the conclusion of the 1 on 1 interview I was given an offer which I accepted. The on-line application process was easily completed. Once background check and drug screening were completed I was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates that have applied for this position?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I went for two interviews with 2 different supervisors, it was professional. The questions were almost what I had in mind. They asked about my knowledge of compliance, previous work experience, systems and softwares that I am familiar with, education, and why i wanted to work there. I was asked to come back for a second interview. After the second interview, i was asked to send references. Then received an offer and proceeded with drug test, and background check.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AML, the BANK secrecy act, and the Patriot Act?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Where do I start? This was probably one of the most inconsiderate interview processes I've ever been through. I applied for a position online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a quick phone screen. The next step was a phone interview with a senior team member. He seemed very disengaged and asked basic questions like "what's you're greatest weakness?" Then radio silence for weeks. So I apply for two more positions via their website. Again, I was contacted by the same HR rep who scheduled a phone interview with a different senior staff member. A week later we discussed the position for about an hour, then once again...silence. I followed up with the hiring manager and was told that I was still in the running and to check back later. So a week later I did, and received the same response. Eventually, I became fed up of the run-around and called the HR rep who grudgingly told me that a candidate had been chosen, but that they could keep a file for me in case anything else popped up. I spent about two months wrapped up in their system when they could have just told me no. Complete waste of time.

IT Project Manager - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Union (Centennial, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought it for an onsite interview with two individuals. Standard Project Management interview questions were asked (e.g. how do you manage risk, how to conduct team meetings). The full process did not take more than a week. The facilities/campus is very nice and the work environment seems conducive to collaboration based on spaces that are available.

Interview Questions

• I will not have time to hold your hand during the onboarding process. What will you do to come in a hit the ground running.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called for a face to face interview the following week. Contacted by HR the day following the interview to provide references. References were asked to complete a brief assessment of my skills and work ethic. References completed assessment and an offer was made the following week. Received offer approximately two weeks following online application.

Interview Questions

• Question were a combination of behavioral and technical knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was more than fair and I accepted without further negotiation.