Western Union Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a phone interview. The email had a link to setup an appointment, but the link didn't work. I followed up by sending an email and calling the recruiter (voicemail) and didn't hear anything back from the recruiter for a month. After a month, the recruiter called me and said he didn't see my email or voicemail and wanted to try again to setup an interview. We agreed on a time and place over the phone. The day came and once again there was no phone call or email from the recruiter. Once again, I reached out by email and phone (voicemail) to the recruiter. I still haven't heard back from the recruiter. I know the HR department there is busy, but this is a little ridiculous. I'm not sure if I really want to work at a place that can't even show up for a 30 minute phone interview. I really liked what I saw from the job description, but the HR department really dropped the ball.

Interview Questions

• Never got to a phone interview. So I can't comment on what might be asked.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

An entire day dedicated for 45 min interviews with different org. leaders. Each interview focused on different skill sets the candidate would bring to the company, including project management, team management, regulatory expertise, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and emotional/social IQ.

Interview Questions

• What impact would you have on the organization immediately after starting if hired?   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

We appreciate the shared feedback on your interview experience! Sounds like you had a difficult interview and got the offer! Congratulations on joining the WU team!

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very upfront and professional. Human resources walked me right through the entire process. Interview was quickly scheduled and I was very comfortable during the interview. I was treated professionally and actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with AML Compliance operations.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your positive interview experience with us. Welcome to the WU team!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and didn't call me back after I left two separate messages. I then reapplied for the position and a new recruiter phone screened me. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and didn't hear back anything after reaching out to the recruiter twice AND after they stated they would have an answer back to me. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone screen initially with recruiter
    Multiple interviews with manager, manager's manager, peer team members
    Went back several times and all in person
    Toured site to see where I would work
    Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on accepting the offer!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR, and then face to face interview with a manager including skill test. I had a second round interview with other managers. You have to tell them what you can do and what you want to do. Also, you don't need to make a story but you have to show your positive attitude.

Director of Enterprise Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by external recruiter, then forwarded to company. After a few weeks of waiting, phone interview seemed to have gone very well and the process moved very quickly from there and met several people on site in Englewood. Next steps were to be a decision to move forward as the background check process was underway. That's where things went off the rails. First, there was a reorganization and the position moved to report to a peer-level, then more delays as they decided what to do next. Finally, after about 6 weeks, the role had moved once again from an Enterprise Role to a role beneath the CIO covering only technology, and the CIO wanted to completely restart the process and include former colleagues.

It was overall very chaotic with a "hurry-up-and-wait" overtone throughout. What was a very well-organized process became extremely disorganized very quickly, and the original reasons for the role quickly became irrelevant. The company seems to realize that they're at a critical juncture for their products and have competition chasing them, but doesn't seem able to act to address internal politics. I bowed out from the process -- I had another offer that went from initial conversation to confirming role in the time they took to decide on reorganizing, and accepted that.

Interview Questions

• N/A - Interview was more behavioral and strategic in nature.   1 Answer

Compliance & Fraud Analyst, GAI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Probably one of the easiest (and stress free) interviews that I have ever endured. My supervisor and her colleague interviewed me for approximately 1 hour.

I recently joined Western Union because my wife and I relocated from Washington, DC last summer and was immediately impressed with the professional interface with WU recruiters at the Buckley AFB job Fair during Veteran’s Day. In addition, the inaugural Open House for Veterans made me feel truly ‘home’ at WU.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive tasks?
      What is your experience level with Excel? Access?
      What kind of compliance experience do you have?
      Can you analyze details but not get so consumed with the small stuff?
      How do you deal with bringing issues to your supervisor (such as criticisms)?
      Are you a team player, or prefer to work alone?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I received a referral from a former co-worker. He gave me the contact information for the staffing company placing contractors into this position. I called and set up a phone interview for the same evening. The phone interview lasted approximately 10 minutes and then I was asked to come in for a formal interview the next day. At the conclusion of the 1 on 1 interview I was given an offer which I accepted. The on-line application process was easily completed. Once background check and drug screening were completed I was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates that have applied for this position?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I went for two interviews with 2 different supervisors, it was professional. The questions were almost what I had in mind. They asked about my knowledge of compliance, previous work experience, systems and softwares that I am familiar with, education, and why i wanted to work there. I was asked to come back for a second interview. After the second interview, i was asked to send references. Then received an offer and proceeded with drug test, and background check.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AML, the BANK secrecy act, and the Patriot Act?   Answer Question