Western University of Health Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western University of Health Sciences Interview Questions

2.6

Coordinator In School of Nursing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western University of Health Sciences.

Interview

They need to stop doing panel interviews here because some of the people on the panel look like they either don't want to be there or they want to sleep. When I was here there were about 7 other people, and instead of them having the common courtesy to pay attention to the answers THEY ASKED FOR, they sat there glancing at each other and smirking. It was so rude. That's why I hate panel interviews because some of the participants lack basic communication etiquette: if you're going to sit there rolling your eyes or you're getting the urge to take an afternoon catnap, DON'T ASK FOR DETAILED ANSWERS. On top of that, at the conclusion of the interview, I'd barely turned my back for a second to exit when all of the sudden they started talking about me. I was disgusted.

Resident PGY1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA).

Interview

This was a panel interview with about 6 pharmacy professors. Some professors will take lead in asking questions. Just be yourself and answer honestly from your heart and stick to your guns.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Oct 2015 was contacted by the School of Pharmacy about interviewing for a part time position. HR does not contact you the dept it self does. Went to interview, got offered the job the next day. Was asked to have all my references submitted, mind you they say they want PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES ONLY... couple days passed and they called me in to speak about my references, apparently one of them did not speak well of me.. .go figure, so school of pharmacy calls me back in person to talk about this, long story short did not get the job, fast forward they call me back for the same position sept 2016, not knowing its ME lol ....so did not get the same job twice, mind you im over qualifed for it... I have a masters degree in education

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself, how you handle this situation.... tell us about a time...how did you handle the situation....   Answer Question

Pharmacy Resident Interview

Interview

Must go through match program from Phorcas. You have to sumbit through Phorcas and input all your info. Must write a letter of intent for each application. Informed of interview in February-march and got matched in May/April. Offer must be taken, you have no choice once you match so rank carefully.

Negotiation

no negotiating salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They called me and asked to interview me about 2 weeks down the road. They wanted me to bring writing samples. When I interviewed they were very nice and probably made me feel too comfortable. Maybe that's what they try to do so you will be honest and upfront. It was probably the most comfortable interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any weird or awkward questions. They did ask what I would do if someone I worked with complained about me and if someone I worked with wasn't doing their job.   Answer Question

Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

They were very helpful from the beginning. The interview process was not complicated. They emailed me the list of people I would be meeting with before my interview. So, I had time to prepare for the interview. The work culture was seemed very cohesive and every body was extremely generous with their time and attitude.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was emailed directly for a position in relation to their Masters program in the College of Pharmacy. I was called in to interview after receiving some reading material to be quizzed on. After the fact I was told that the job includes research and teaching assistant duties. I was contacted by email mainly.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the technical questions regarding the documents that were given to me ahead of time to read which were related to research that was being done at the university.   Answer Question