Western & Southern Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western & Southern Life Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online; received a telephone call scheduling my telephone interview; I was first asked to fill out a quasi personality test/general knowledge test and was given a specific website link, user ID, and password. Portions of the test were timed. The math portion was difficult for me because it was algebra--my most hated math subject. It further contained --a host of analogy questions--something else I don't excel in. The test took an hour to complete but it was okay to finish early. The timed math part, cut you off if you didn't answer within the time limited given.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my credit history. They asked if I had an insurance license, which I did. They wanted to know which life insurance companies I have sold for. They wanted to know which type of coverage I mainly sold--whole life, term, fixed securities, or universal life. They asked about my health insurance business such as who I was contracted with. They told me I do not have to sale securities and get my Series 6 or Series 7 license unless I wanted to. They wanted to know if I had a LLC or if I was an officer or director of a corporation. They told me that everyone has to fill our the Form U-4 to disclose all outside association memberships and/or business activities including your complete ten (10) year employment history with all 1099 independent contractor activity of any kind--absolutely no gaps in employment--fill in any unemployment periods too..   2 Answers

Financial Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very one-sided and not forthcoming about important information. They didn't't seem that interested in asking about my successes or failures or in asking typical interview questions. They seemed more concerned in talking into taking the position.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

Phone interview and then a in person interview at their office. They did the STAR method when asking questions. Theses can be difficult if you do not prepare for them.

Interview Questions

• They did the STAR method of interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through career center, immediately received a phone call the following day asking me to complete the easiest online skills assessment I've ever seen (word definitions and middle school level math) and then come in for an in person interview. The in person interview essentially was the district manager trying to sell the company to me, declined because essentially the position was selling life insurance and that did not allign with my career interests.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a behavior based computer interview. Long but thorough. Be prepared to answer lots of situation interview questions also. It is in an non-intimitating office setting. The interview is mostly done by the computer then a follow up is scheduled after the personality profile comes back showing a positive result. The Sales manager will then schedule a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you saw another employee take something that did not belong to them   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

Western and Southern Life is very selective; interview process is extensive and time consuming. Insufficient information provided about its employment process unless asked. Company is inflexible and interested in itself. Interview process is dry consisting of scenario based questions. Unprofessional communication etiquette.

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

Contacted online, proceeded to phone interview, then went to three in person interviews. One-on-one with the manager at the local branch, went through the company values, what it meant to me, and where I'd like to be. Once I made it through the interviews, I was asked to study for the state licensing exams and offered a job upon completion of those.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to come up with 100 people I know that I'd be willing to talk to about their financial arrangements. They wanted 10 before I started and then others during training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was contingent upon me getting my licenses. Job offers salary for 7 weeks then commission, so there wasn't much to negotiate. Paid for my own study materials, tests, and licenses.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Western and Southern Life at my university's Career Fair looking to be a financial representative. The employees working at the booth were kind and welcoming to conversation, and my next-day interviewers were in the same mold. After the interview I was offered to come along part-time as a shadow of one of their sales reps over the summer, but I was looking for a more structured program.

Interview Questions

I was looking for an entry-level position that offered more guidance and a structured program, where as W&S was more a self-starter.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

Quick process through Monster.com. Called in for an interview on a saturday so I didn't need to take time off work. One on one interview with the recruiter. Dress in business attire, but the interview is pretty casual and relaxed. Cool, easy going guy and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were basic. Informed of the positions job and duties and a little background of insurance   Answer Question

Agency Manager Interview

Interview

Enjoyed the interview process, very thorough and I could tell that the company is very careful about who they hire. Hiring process was clear and challenging, but well worth it!

Interview Questions

• "How will you market yourself in the community?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations