Western & Southern Life Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western & Southern Life Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a behavior based computer interview. Long but thorough. Be prepared to answer lots of situation interview questions also. It is in an non-intimitating office setting. The interview is mostly done by the computer then a follow up is scheduled after the personality profile comes back showing a positive result. The Sales manager will then schedule a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you saw another employee take something that did not belong to them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western & Southern Life

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR to start. Fairly typical, tell me about your job experience etc, nothing out of the ordinary. Second phone interview with one of the managers was fairly similar - they wanted to know what computer systems I was comfortable with, what phone experience I had, etc and he also spent a lot of time telling me about the position. It was straightforward. In person interview was next and started with HR and then went upstairs to meet with the director and hiring manager. Serious demeanor, VERY conservative dress code so WEAR A SUIT! They will ask things like "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer" and "tell me about why you would be a good fit for this position." After the interview they have you hook up with a current employee to job shadow for a short while before they escort you out.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness or what do you need improvement on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I received a call from their recruiter asking me if I had considered a career in insurance. Then he set up a telephone interview with me. Once I was interviewed via telephone I was asked to take a personality and background test. I took the test and was called back to set up an office interview which I did. Upon completing that interview I was asked to come back with for another interview with a Regional Vice President which I did. I was them asked to come back for the next few weeks to go over compensation plan and sales plans off which I did. I then received a call that morning and ask if our meeting could be canceled due to a sick child and be rescheduled later in the week I said that was fine I understand and what is the rescheduled time. I was told that I would be called the next day but did not receive a call back. I called back 7 times within a week and never received a call nor could I get a live person to answer the telephone. I looked up a different branch and called it and asked if I could be transferred to the original branch that was not answering. They complied with my request and I finally got to talk to the person who had interview me 6 times. When I asked him several questions and told him I had tried to reach their office several times over the last week but no one answered the telephone. This was a red flag. I know customers were not going to try to get through as much as I did so I didn't want to associate myself with this particular office location so I moved on.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

There is a process that usually take 3 to 4 individual interviews. You will meet with the Sales manager or district manager each time and they will try to get to know you and give you information about the job opportunity. If you are able to present yourself well and be at least decently friendly then they will most likely offer you a job even with no experience. You then have to pay to take schooling and to get your own insurance licenses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 different recruiters - 1 is a general recruiter, then if you are approved you are sent to a regional recruiter. Next is an interview with the agency manager that you are going to work for they cover pay during training and commission structure. Then you have a scheduled "class orientation" where they further breakdown the payment structure and company information. Then you schedule when you will be testing for your licenses and they create an employment date based on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I received a brief phone call from one of the Account Managers I met at a career fair. I then proceeded to take a personality test, have a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, and then went through a background check. I recieved a call to speak with the Account Manager about compensationg etc but decided it wasnt the job for me so never followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were frustrated with someone, a peer, co-worker or boss. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The branch manager sits down with you and convinces you that you should work there. They barely ask any typical interview questions. The branch manager goes over the sales process and what it will be like working at Western & Southern. They made it out to be a financial planning opportunity. Western & Southern Financial Group does have opportunities like this, however, not in Atlanta. The only opportunities in Atlanta are for selling life insurance. They are just trying to convince more people to join their teams because the turnover rate is so high.

Negotiation

None at all. They offered right away, and I accepted because I was right out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Mansfield, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call within 24hrs. I came up the following week for an informal interview with the sales manager. It went well and I completed a skills and personality assessment test (easy, common sense situations). A couple days later I received confirmation that I had passed and was asked to submit to an online form of background check and had a phone interview set up for the end of the week. The phone interview lasted 45 minutes, and the interviewer asked questions such as "Tell me about a situation in which you had to tell a staff member below you that he/she was breaking company policy and what did you do to remedy the situation." The beginning of the following week I came into the office for an in-person interview which was unstructured in the amount of time (casual). That went well and they offered a 2nd interview. They explained the process of training in the 2nd interview, and I can describe succinctly as a micro-manage relationship between you (the sales rep) and the company. They dictate 15 hours of the week in the office. The rest of the 30 expected hours are all on you to prospect and find clients, though they provide very detailed instructions and statistical analysis to get clients.

Interview Questions

After getting this far into the process, I didn't want to stop, but the one thing holding me back was the fact that at some point, my already small "personal market" would be depleted and much of this job involved time out of the office (driving to appointments, prospecting for new clients, etc.). Also, this may be picky, but you don't need a bachelor's/M.S. degree for this position. You can graduate from high school and be qualified (as long as you are the personality type they're looking for).

Anonymous Employee in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Sikeston, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

Was asked questions about my work back ground, and any experience when it come to sales. Had to do interview at the sikeston missouri office. The manager looked and acted very professional. She knew her job inside and out. Very talented. The sales manager appered as if he was the babysitter of four adults. That was one thing that I picked up on at first.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and informative. The second and third interviews were concerning my experience and success storiesie.,best accomplishments. The process asked about my experience in running my own business,supervisory experience,ect.

Interview Questions

• Why I moved from one insurance company to the next?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating the structure of the salary,since they allow you 600.00$ per week when during your first six weeks of training. They also dump in 4000.00$ after 10 weeks into your "bank".