Western & Southern Life Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western & Southern Life Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer is super friendly, they have a complete and structured information process to let you know about how the job works, they know how to sell you the idea of ​​working with them, but at the same time you know that you are being sold the opportunity to make money Seems to be easy but in reality it is not, but rather easy for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western & Southern Life

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in April 2017.

Interview

The initial interview is very pleasant and vaguely informative. The next step is an assessment if it hasn't yet been completed along with a background check. Then is the more professional level interview. They ask relatively predictable questions that you would expect to hear.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what questions I had first which was relatively surprising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a behavior based computer interview. Long but thorough. Be prepared to answer lots of situation interview questions also. It is in an non-intimitating office setting. The interview is mostly done by the computer then a follow up is scheduled after the personality profile comes back showing a positive result. The Sales manager will then schedule a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you saw another employee take something that did not belong to them   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR to start. Fairly typical, tell me about your job experience etc, nothing out of the ordinary. Second phone interview with one of the managers was fairly similar - they wanted to know what computer systems I was comfortable with, what phone experience I had, etc and he also spent a lot of time telling me about the position. It was straightforward. In person interview was next and started with HR and then went upstairs to meet with the director and hiring manager. Serious demeanor, VERY conservative dress code so WEAR A SUIT! They will ask things like "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer" and "tell me about why you would be a good fit for this position." After the interview they have you hook up with a current employee to job shadow for a short while before they escort you out.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness or what do you need improvement on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I received a call from their recruiter asking me if I had considered a career in insurance. Then he set up a telephone interview with me. Once I was interviewed via telephone I was asked to take a personality and background test. I took the test and was called back to set up an office interview which I did. Upon completing that interview I was asked to come back with for another interview with a Regional Vice President which I did. I was them asked to come back for the next few weeks to go over compensation plan and sales plans off which I did. I then received a call that morning and ask if our meeting could be canceled due to a sick child and be rescheduled later in the week I said that was fine I understand and what is the rescheduled time. I was told that I would be called the next day but did not receive a call back. I called back 7 times within a week and never received a call nor could I get a live person to answer the telephone. I looked up a different branch and called it and asked if I could be transferred to the original branch that was not answering. They complied with my request and I finally got to talk to the person who had interview me 6 times. When I asked him several questions and told him I had tried to reach their office several times over the last week but no one answered the telephone. This was a red flag. I know customers were not going to try to get through as much as I did so I didn't want to associate myself with this particular office location so I moved on.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

There is a process that usually take 3 to 4 individual interviews. You will meet with the Sales manager or district manager each time and they will try to get to know you and give you information about the job opportunity. If you are able to present yourself well and be at least decently friendly then they will most likely offer you a job even with no experience. You then have to pay to take schooling and to get your own insurance licenses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 different recruiters - 1 is a general recruiter, then if you are approved you are sent to a regional recruiter. Next is an interview with the agency manager that you are going to work for they cover pay during training and commission structure. Then you have a scheduled "class orientation" where they further breakdown the payment structure and company information. Then you schedule when you will be testing for your licenses and they create an employment date based on that.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in January 2013.

Interview

Great, they were very straightforward as to what they expected and straightforward about salary and benefits. Awesome group of people .I felt very confident when leaving the interview. They offered to train me for the position! Most places want experience and older people but like I said they were really really great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I received a brief phone call from one of the Account Managers I met at a career fair. I then proceeded to take a personality test, have a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, and then went through a background check. I recieved a call to speak with the Account Manager about compensationg etc but decided it wasnt the job for me so never followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were frustrated with someone, a peer, co-worker or boss. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The branch manager sits down with you and convinces you that you should work there. They barely ask any typical interview questions. The branch manager goes over the sales process and what it will be like working at Western & Southern. They made it out to be a financial planning opportunity. Western & Southern Financial Group does have opportunities like this, however, not in Atlanta. The only opportunities in Atlanta are for selling life insurance. They are just trying to convince more people to join their teams because the turnover rate is so high.

Negotiation

None at all. They offered right away, and I accepted because I was right out of college.