Westfield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westfield Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

First round phone interview then 3 hour in person interview with various team members. I guess I technically never got an offer but I wouldn't know since no one had the courtesy to let me know. Neither their internal recruiter nor the senior manager who organized the interview had the courtesy to return emails or calls to let me know the position had been filled (or whatever the result was). In 20 years of corporate work I have never been part of a process with such poor communication or follow through. Leads me to believe the negative aspects of the company that current employees have noted here on Glassdoor are accurate. I dodged a bullet here for sure!

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westfield in September 2016.

Interview

phone call with HR then another phone interview with hiring manager. HR is not professional at all, Messed up with scheduling emails and no response at all as follow up. The hiring manager seems not clear about the department vision as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone screen and then came in for in-person meetings. I had a 3:1 meeting with an HR VP, consultant and another EA. The HR rep and other EA seemed like they were doing me a favor being there - didn't get a good vibe from anyone except the outside consultant.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interviewed took 4 hours. First, I met with the manager/controller that I was going to be working for had I got the job. Then I met with my potential coworkers,. Later I met with another controller and lastly, I met with a third controller. The second and third controllers mentioned that they wanted to meet with me because they also had some openings and they wanted to see if I was a good fit for their teams.
    The recruiter told me they all thought I would be better for another position instead of the one I originally was applying to reporting to the last controller that I had met.
    So even though I met with this Controller, I did after three and half hours of interview so whatever I was told in the first interview about the other openings did not get stuck in my brain, simply because I was not interviewing for those jobs.
    I was still interested in working there so I went to second round of interviews 4 weeks later.
    The first person I met was a fourth Controller who just wanted to meet with me to get to know me. He mentioned that the position I was now applying was a G/L accountant (which is lower than a Sr. Accountant role). The recruiter did not tell me about that but that is not their fault.
    I also met with an HR manager and lastly with the VP of accounting. I had to give her a 10 minute presentation about literally anything (this was just to show my communication skills).
    After 3 hours of interview, I had to wait about 4 weeks to find out the position had been offered to somebody else.
    For me the problem was not that I did not get the job. Everyone there was really nice. The problem was that after 7 hours of interview, I had to wait a month to find out if I was going to be offered the role. Also, in the second round of interviews, I did not get to see the Controller that I was going to be working for had I got the job.
    The process should be improved. It is too long and with the utmost respect (mostly because I have been there), this is only for a G/L accountant role.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions, personality questions, resume questions   Answer Question

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westfield (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency that I would be the perfect fit for this company, I had a 5 minute phone interview with HR in less than a week, and then the next week a 1.5 hour phone interview with the VP of Creative Services, after that I didn't hear anything for over a week or 2 and then was told by the agency they didn't believe I had enough leadership experience, after supporting the leadership experience, they get in touch a month later asking if the door was still open and if I would still be interested in their company. I then had an interview with a current SVD, and apparently the Creative Director. After 2 more weeks and no feedback I was told they moved on with other candidates but thanked me for my great portfolio and impressive interviewing skills. I requested more feedback and it came down to them thinking I wasn't going to work well with their team.

Unfortunately during the interview process the whole team except for HR seemed unorganized and would forget to call me, claim they didn't have time, and the last person to interview with came off with a really sour attitude. He even forgot the agency that placed him in his current position and was very arrogant about the situation.

What I really suspect is that they were not comfortable with the nearly $200,000 salary package they approved if I was to be hired and/or chose someone they knew since the majority of this team is made up of people that are friends and inexperienced.

If this wasn't the case I suspect they were intimidated by the fact that I was under 30 and already worked with Kings, Queens, Famous People, Executives and CEO's of major world companies, and led large teams. If this was the case I can see where it wasn't a good team fit as they would think I would know everything or be better than the other people on higher levels then me which unfortunately is not the case as I am very humble.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - I received a call from the Marketing team, who hosted a phone interview on the spot. They described the job and asked a few questions about my experience. Then they asked me to come into the office for the next round of interviews - again, more questions about experience and asked situational questions. I then made it to the interview with the General Manager, which at this point seemed more like a formality than anything.

Interview Questions

• Due to the nature of this role, none of the questions were unexpected. They were all about customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield (Paramus, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward--Online application followed by an interview with two senior people. I think it was quicker and helped along by the fact they were looking to fill the role ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in mall retail?
      What is your sales/retail background?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. Once you get the job it starts to go down hill.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Most recruiting by the company's HR department apepared to have been done via keywords online. I came in through an acquaintance and was hired on my first interview. Despite having submitted my resume online, the hiring managers had never received it or advised that I was a candidate (I met all hiring requirements). My HR interview was creepy and the person who interviewed me had clearly no idea about the mall business. It sounded like she had googled interview questions. Interviews with various other managers were enjoyable and I felt like the people really liked the brand, loved shopping malls, and were grateful for the experience they were getting. They were honest about some of the company's challenges (no work/life balance, irrational/bad behavior by senior managers that sounded like emotional abuse, limited promotion without an Australian passport).

Interview Questions

• They seemed to be preoccupied with how well people get along, and worried about how softly I could introduce new ideas, and asked me whether I am abrasive in meetings (really?). The HR interview can only be described as irrelevant ("can you provide an example of how you recently solved a problem at work?").   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a good offer and I accepted it.

AR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westfield in June 2013.

Interview

Sat one one one with the Director of the Department while a series of questions were asked for 30 mins. After that the Manager below him came in and asked questions fr about 30 minutes pertaining to the job and simple accounting and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational type questions. If this happened, how would you respond?   Answer Question