Westfield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

they know how to get you in and they sell you everything under the sun

Negotiation

very easy. they needed me badly so they gave me what I was asking for.

AR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westfield in June 2013.

Interview

Sat one one one with the Director of the Department while a series of questions were asked for 30 mins. After that the Manager below him came in and asked questions fr about 30 minutes pertaining to the job and simple accounting and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational type questions. If this happened, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Super Easy process, only one round of interviews, interviewee was super friendly. HR reached out to me and notified me I would have a round viewing 2 vps in the company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. Once you get the job it starts to go down hill.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

interview was simple. it was online. the lady that interviewed me was nice and polite. questions were typical interview questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Most recruiting by the company's HR department apepared to have been done via keywords online. I came in through an acquaintance and was hired on my first interview. Despite having submitted my resume online, the hiring managers had never received it or advised that I was a candidate (I met all hiring requirements). My HR interview was creepy and the person who interviewed me had clearly no idea about the mall business. It sounded like she had googled interview questions. Interviews with various other managers were enjoyable and I felt like the people really liked the brand, loved shopping malls, and were grateful for the experience they were getting. They were honest about some of the company's challenges (no work/life balance, irrational/bad behavior by senior managers that sounded like emotional abuse, limited promotion without an Australian passport).

Interview Questions

• They seemed to be preoccupied with how well people get along, and worried about how softly I could introduce new ideas, and asked me whether I am abrasive in meetings (really?). The HR interview can only be described as irrelevant ("can you provide an example of how you recently solved a problem at work?").   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a good offer and I accepted it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

phone followed by in person with questions ranging from future plans which they never will do, common saying at Westfield is :"that is how we have always done it" very resistant to change a lot of older programmers that need to be eradicated from the company

Interview Questions

• nothing related to current technology only future wishes (what a joke)   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interviewed took 4 hours. First, I met with the manager/controller that I was going to be working for had I got the job. Then I met with my potential coworkers,. Later I met with another controller and lastly, I met with a third controller. The second and third controllers mentioned that they wanted to meet with me because they also had some openings and they wanted to see if I was a good fit for their teams.
    The recruiter told me they all thought I would be better for another position instead of the one I originally was applying to reporting to the last controller that I had met.
    So even though I met with this Controller, I did after three and half hours of interview so whatever I was told in the first interview about the other openings did not get stuck in my brain, simply because I was not interviewing for those jobs.
    I was still interested in working there so I went to second round of interviews 4 weeks later.
    The first person I met was a fourth Controller who just wanted to meet with me to get to know me. He mentioned that the position I was now applying was a G/L accountant (which is lower than a Sr. Accountant role). The recruiter did not tell me about that but that is not their fault.
    I also met with an HR manager and lastly with the VP of accounting. I had to give her a 10 minute presentation about literally anything (this was just to show my communication skills).
    After 3 hours of interview, I had to wait about 4 weeks to find out the position had been offered to somebody else.
    For me the problem was not that I did not get the job. Everyone there was really nice. The problem was that after 7 hours of interview, I had to wait a month to find out if I was going to be offered the role. Also, in the second round of interviews, I did not get to see the Controller that I was going to be working for had I got the job.
    The process should be improved. It is too long and with the utmost respect (mostly because I have been there), this is only for a G/L accountant role.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions, personality questions, resume questions   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield (Paramus, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward--Online application followed by an interview with two senior people. I think it was quicker and helped along by the fact they were looking to fill the role ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in mall retail?
      What is your sales/retail background?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

First round phone interview then 3 hour in person interview with various team members. I guess I technically never got an offer but I wouldn't know since no one had the courtesy to let me know. Neither their internal recruiter nor the senior manager who organized the interview had the courtesy to return emails or calls to let me know the position had been filled (or whatever the result was). In 20 years of corporate work I have never been part of a process with such poor communication or follow through. Leads me to believe the negative aspects of the company that current employees have noted here on Glassdoor are accurate. I dodged a bullet here for sure!