Westin Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westin Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westin (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call, which was pleasant, and was then asked to come in for an interview the next day. I live a couple hours away. I drove down, and asked for the supervisor I was told I would be interviewing with. Someone else completely different came to get me, and she interviewed me, without introducing herself. I asked for a non-discrimination policy as well as what the turnover rate is like, and she told me "those are available, but she doesn't have them in front of her." Would not answer my question. The interview lasted a total of five minutes, they clearly were not interested in me, and I wasted my time to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Westin

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied twice, the first time was about 5 months ago and the second time was this month and I literally got called the next day for an interview. When I went in for an interview both the general manager and assistant manager interviewed me at the same time. I was also referred by a friend who works as night audit. The Westin is a really nice hotel! They did the talking first and told me a bit about how working in a hotel works and how sometimes it can be a bit difficult and also the responsibilities of a front desk agent as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westin (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview. asked about 6 questions about past experiences where i was challenged, what happened, and the outcome. There were two HR employees that interviewed me, and they took notes while I was talking. It was an easy and relaxed interview. I also met with the general manager of the hotel and he reviewed my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were in a team and had a problem. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westin (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from HR but unfortunately, at the time I had started driving and she was kind enough to allow me to call her back after I had arrived at my destination.

Once I called her back, she gave me a series of basic questions and was extremely patient when my 2-year old niece decided to barge in the closed room I was in. There were two jobs I didn't include my salary/hourly pay, and was questioned whether it was volunteering, basically wondering why I didn't fill those part out.

She explained to me that my application would go to the Front Desk Manager who would review it and would contact me if they were interested in conducting an interview with me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work full-time, part-time, or seasonal?   1 Answer
    • What hours are you available to work?   Answer Question
    • Where did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • You are currently working at ____, what do you do? Is it a volunteering job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Portland, OR).

Interview

Two managers and very comfortable. They sat me down at the restaurant in the hotel and had a nice conversation with me. They made me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you had to demonstrate great customer service in your past job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westin (Annapolis, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

A couple of questions from Front desk manager and a few questions from Human resources director that related to hospitality. After the interview I was asked to submit to a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through Hcareers.com, got an e-mail that the employer had opened up my application two days later, but didn't get a phone call to come in for an interview until a week and a half later. My interview was at 2:00pm, but I wasn't called back to start my interview until 2:40pm. I was interviewed by both the Front Desk Lead and Assistant Manager. Very laid back chill interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with an irate customer?   2 Answers
    • We get a lot of famous people to stay here. Sometimes we know and sometimes we don't. How would you handle it, if a famous person walked through the door.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Very casual, they still want to see experienced people, but care more about personality since it you will be interacting with guests. Also asked about problem-solving performance. If you met the operations manager or general manager, it usually is a good sign they like you and want to hire you. It is ultimately up to the operations manager or general manager to determine whether they hire you, so be extra nice to them!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation in wage

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It took about a month due to my school schedule. But could be finished in about two weeks. I applied online and got a call to go with human resources. I then had an interview with the front desk supervisors. I then got a call to meet with the managers, and then i met with the director of rooms. All of them had pretty much the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you went above and beyond the call of duty?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin in July 2014.

Interview

Take about 2 weeks to know if you will get hired. Complete the application online or walk in. They will give you a call to come for the interview. After the interview will take about 1 week to determination then they will give you a call to do the drug test once you pass you will come in a sign a contract

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy, asking in general regarding customer service and skill of using program.
      They might give you a situation to solve by explaining what would you if this or that happen.
      1 Answer