Westinghouse Interview Questions in Cranberry Twp, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hr interview with HR personnel and and several product line personnel; behavioral based questioning; environment was relaxed, but could be because i was an internal candidate and knew the folks in the room

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Conference room, with hiring manger, HR, and experienced engineer. They asked questions about experience and situations. They give you a bank of questions and are looking for you to show three things - what the situation was, what your solution path was, and how you accomplished it. They asked about type of managerial styles that were preferred and we discussed what types of software and analysis capability i had. the panel was interested if i had done any calculations or design based on a variety of codes.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviews for contractors are simple and short. Basic questions. It was done over the phone with very little questioning into my qualifications, surprisingly. I would have expected very specific questions related to my role, but it seemed as though it was more of a 'is this person sane or not' type of thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for more due to the current market and the fact that it was contract work, but was told no.

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Found a job online at company website and submitted application. Within a few days, a company "recruiter" called for a phone screening (30-45 minutes) and set up an interview for one week after the call.

During the interview, there were approximately 8 other candidiates being interviewed at the same time, although for various positions (we were told it was not a competition - there were enough openings). Not all candidates were interviewed by the same interview teams. This process took about 2 hours total.

I was not interviewed for the job I applied to online. Instead, I was interviewed for three differenent positions and departments within the company. The strategy was billed as "we want to hire good people that fit the organization, then try and put you in the best place to succeed."

We were told that we would hear back within two weeks. I heard back within several days with an e-mail offer and had one week to accept or reject the offer.

After making some phone calls to potential supervisors and HR, the offer was accepted. A packet of information was sent with paperwork and drug screening. Once I passed the drug screening and background check, the offer was official and a start date was determined.

Overall, the process went a lot faster than I had expected (a little more than 1 month from initial application to finalized offer and start date).

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly routine - nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate vacation time, but was unsuccessful.

I attempted to negotiate base salary, but was unsuccessful.

I attempted to negotiate a signing bonus (since there was no relocation or recruiter fee) and was successful.

Ultimately, it never hurts to ask.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Had an initial interview with a HR rep. Nothing surprising there. I was then flown out for a one on one interview with a manager. I was given a list of possible questions ahead of time and all the questions came from that list. Pretty normal questions. "Tell me about a time that you did this or that...".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me X. I said, "I have an offer from another company for X + Y. They called back 5 minutes later and gave me X + Y.