Westinghouse Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Standard questions. It was a one hour interview. Included Human Resources and the department manager. Long involved security process. That is all I have to say about that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Westinghouse

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

There was not an interview because I was offered a position after I completed two internships with the company. I received an offer after completing no additional interviews. I had 72 hours to accept/decline the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager and the HR rep met with me in person. They each asked pretty standard questions , it seemed to mostly be a formality. Nothing very technical mostly behavioral questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Interview was performed by several managers on a 1 on 1 basis. They were very open about sharing who they were with not only their experience and role in the company. Questions were based on resume and standard questions that explore character and work ethic. Each manager has a unique take on getting to these attributes.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

It was a schedule phone interview, not difficult. I was asked to about my personality, skills and etc. There were some questions about my resume, of course and also about my college curriculum. Also, I was asked about extracurricular activities. The man who I talked with was really nice and there weren't any truky question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

The process was extremely long. The time it took to get a phone screen scheduled, then an in-person interview was months. The interview process itself is pretty easy. They ask all situational questions so you just have to be prepared with examples.The manager seemed nice but the questions were not technical in nature at all.

Interview Questions

• They back you into a corner with one question about someone you've worked with that you didn't agree with their values. It was a bit awkward and hard to think of an example.   Answer Question

By the time i got the go ahead for a start date, nearly a month and a half had passed. I accepted an offer with another company almost a month before Westinghouse got back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviews for contractors are simple and short. Basic questions. It was done over the phone with very little questioning into my qualifications, surprisingly. I would have expected very specific questions related to my role, but it seemed as though it was more of a 'is this person sane or not' type of thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for more due to the current market and the fact that it was contract work, but was told no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I was asked a series of behavioral questions then asked a slew of technical questions. I've found that my interview experience is not average though.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the difference between raster and vector graphics.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to explain to a lay person why the mouse on a computer can move quickly when the internet is going slow.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple if you make it on-site. They typically bring in 100-200 graduating seniors to a conference center in downtown Pittsburgh. From what I was told, a large portion of the individuals who interview on-site get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very flexible with the timing with which I accepted my offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse (West Pittsburg, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview, In Person Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Icecream   2 Answers
    • What is your Favorite Baseball Team   1 Answer

Another job offer