Westinghouse Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westinghouse Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.0

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Behavioral interview to begin and followed up with personal and case study.
Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
Give us an example of a time you have failed.
Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.
Have you ever not met one of the goals you had set for yourself, and if so how did you learn from your mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
    Give us an example of a time you have failed.
    Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.
    Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Westinghouse

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview involves more of the hiring manager describing the position than actual questions. There were no technical questions, although presumably this would vary depending on the manager who is interviewing you. It might be helpful to enter the interview equipped with some specific questions about the position/the industry/the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any interest in continuing in the nuclear industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online after a couple of months and not hearing back I emailed the recruiter and the next day was called to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview they went through my resume and asked me a few questions along with explaining what they would expect of someone in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I saw them at my school's career fair and they were not taking resumes but they gave you a card and you went to their site to apply online. No on-campus interviews. Near the end of the semester only a few days in advance, they invited me to an 'Intern Cafe' event where you could go and hand your resume around to as many people as possible.

I handed my resume to several people with no luck and was on my way to leave when one of the managers asked me for a resume. He took me and a few other guys into the lobby, looked over each of our resumes and talked to us about them. Very informative guy.

A couple weeks later, after I had given up hope, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were really no 'questions.' It was more of just going over the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was an internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

It was smooth and straight forward without any unexpected happenings.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

After submitting my resume in November, I was invited to the Intern Cafe in January. At the cafe, they open a room with hiring managers and you have to fight your way through to talking to them. Some of them take the first valid candidate they meet; others are more reserved and stay to the end. I was hired at the end of the event, and was then given details on what I'd be working on.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were general and based on my resume. There weren't any trick questions, and the managers seemed to take genuine interest in what I'd been studying. Most of them were respectful, but some could be aloof.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR stating they had a position available. They wanted to phone interview me, and I accepted this interview.

The interview process consisted on just a single phone interview. The interview was different from all other phone interviews I have had. There was a hiring manager along with an engineer in the area I would work in. They basically told me to tell them all the important things on my resume. Afterwards, I received 2 resume questions that could have easily just been answered if they had read my resume for 2 minutes. They explained the job in good detail, and I then was asked to offer up any questions I had. The interview lacked structure which left me wondering if I had mentioned things in my resume that they feel are important. It is imperative for a person being interviewed to be able to keep a interview moving, but interviews are not a one way street especially when conducted over the phone. College students are led to believe that Westinghouse is a leader of the industry, but this interview has given me a questioning attitude about the company and its treatment of its employees/interns. If you are looking for an easy interview, then these guys get it done while sacrificing all other important aspects of the process.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, but there were very few questions to begin with. The only question that could catch some people unfamiliar with the industry off guard was "How do you feel about the constant presence of procedures in the workplace?"   1 Answer

Pay is not competitive in comparison to internships at nuclear power plants. Expect to take between a $8.00-$10.00/hr pay cut if you choose a company similar to this one over working as an engineer at a nuclear power plant. The interview did not leave me swept off my feet about the job, nor did it even get me interested.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse in February 2011.

Interview

- Submitted resume online
    - Scheduled phone interview
    - Asked about education (what major, what classes I had completed)
    - Asked about projects completed/programming experience (spcific projects that were listed on my resume, languages that I knew)
    - Asked about how i would solve problem about what they were currently working on
    - Asked how i would describe myself