Westinghouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

I submitted my application online and someone called me about 5 days later for a phone interview. She called me the next day to set up a in person interview which turned out to be a three person panel, five behavioral questions only which they took turns in asking. I have not been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Got someone to change their way of thinking to be in line with my thinking   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

I had an off-the-cuff interview with the hiring manager. The department was looking to quickly fill my current position after it was abandoned by the previous candidate and I think anyone who was remotely qualified would have gotten the job. There was no involvement from HR though, and that was awesome!

Interview Questions

• Are you good with Microsoft Word?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Lots of questions asking for behavioral type responses. What did you do when you came across "X" in a previous position, and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time when you did not succeed in an assignment you were given? Where did you make an incorrect decision, how did you communicate that to your management, and what did you learn in that process?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

HR had a chilly attitude during the interview. "Behavorial" group interview set-up (which frankly, went out of style in the 1960s, which matches Westinghouse's culture). One HR rep just sat there and didn't say anything, but observing my every move and taking notes. Hiring manager left the room twice to take a call during my interview, which is rude. After following up, not one response back from Westinghouse - not even a rejection email. And this is over a year ago. Westinghouse has a reputation in Pittsburgh market about its archaic interview/hiring process.

SCM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans City, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Evans City, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview ONLY! No true conscious effort focused on ones' true abilities and qualifications. I felt as though I was brought in just for "filler". In other words, I was interviewed so the company could say they interviewed so many people. The questions were more for a higher position than I was applying for and there were 6 people interviewing me. It was a ridiculous waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you encountered the hardest thing you ever did.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

There are no technical questions part of the actual supported process, it's up to the hiring manager to ask those. HRs behavioral interview is lacking in several areas, kind of a joke.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you enabled a team to help solve an issue.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Waynesboro, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First you have a telephone interview. Once clearance is approved, you go onsite and interview with various managers and/or department heads, one at a time.You will receive a call offering a salary. Once agreed, you receive an offer of employment letter. You sign and return. You will receive drug screen instructions

Interview Questions

• What are your computer and software skills?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Interview was performed by several managers on a 1 on 1 basis. They were very open about sharing who they were with not only their experience and role in the company. Questions were based on resume and standard questions that explore character and work ethic. Each manager has a unique take on getting to these attributes.

Job Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Lengthy - tons of behavioral questions, HR takes forever to do basic tasks. Questions were designed to predict how well you would react to everyday issues at the job. I found most of the questions were not very useful. I interviewed with one person and an HR representative. I received the offer from the HR rep.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

When I was hired it was part of a mass hiring session. The interview was pretty easy and it seems that if they think you will do well, they will find you a position.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages have you used before (My question of them)   1 Answer