Westinghouse Interview Questions in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

2.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheswick, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cheswick, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly HR Questions, few about experience. Expressed practical experience, international and domestic travel experience, fabrication follow, team building skills and problem solving. The interview was fine expect there not a welding there with experience.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

Painful. It was a panel interview with 3 WEC representatives. Really dumb questions, trying to determine my pesonallity background. Many of the examples of my prior qualifications were not really understood by the panel; an example of this was my Six Sigma Black Belt qualifications. The interview was approx 1.5 hrs long. I had a good job at the time, so I initally thought that I had wasted my time at WEC. I have also had several Quality Management positions and personally interviewed many applicants; I would have never asked some of the dumb qusetions they did.

Interview Questions

• Stupid non-relevent questions for the position posted.   1 Answer

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Three people from the department interviewing me in a panel environment. Asking questions about my background and how that relates to current opportunity. Asked personality questions. I answered the questions honestly and in relation to the opening i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions to check integrity and good business ethics   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Panel Interview with standard set of questions. No real in-depth queries. Typical attendees are candidate, HR, a hiring manager, plus an at large peer or manager. More of a personality/fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't get things done   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

canned scenarios, behavioral questions, if you reacted this way last time, you would react the same way in the future. Wanted the focus on "I" answers, not "we" which is hard when the real life focus is on team work

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you had where the customer was unhappy. How did you work with them and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for direct engineering position. Positive and relaxed interview atmosphere. Interview was personality based. Questions were guided so that I could relate specific examples and stories of actions that I took in order to resolve difficult situations. Wanted to know how I envisioned my "style" as an engineer and whether I saw myself as a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of when you saw someone doing something unethical and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager and the HR rep met with me in person. They each asked pretty standard questions , it seemed to mostly be a formality. Nothing very technical mostly behavioral questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

HR had a chilly attitude during the interview. "Behavorial" group interview set-up (which frankly, went out of style in the 1960s, which matches Westinghouse's culture). One HR rep just sat there and didn't say anything, but observing my every move and taking notes. Hiring manager left the room twice to take a call during my interview, which is rude. After following up, not one response back from Westinghouse - not even a rejection email. And this is over a year ago. Westinghouse has a reputation in Pittsburgh market about its archaic interview/hiring process.

SCM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans City, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Evans City, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview ONLY! No true conscious effort focused on ones' true abilities and qualifications. I felt as though I was brought in just for "filler". In other words, I was interviewed so the company could say they interviewed so many people. The questions were more for a higher position than I was applying for and there were 6 people interviewing me. It was a ridiculous waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you encountered the hardest thing you ever did.   Answer Question

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screen, followed by in-person panel interview (3 interviewers). Questions were behavioral based for the most part. Relatively easy going interview process. The only reason I'm rating the experience negative was because the company said they had put the position on hold and only told me so 6 weeks after my interview. I had to initiate that conversation. A bit unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on multiple projects and had to meet multiple deadlines. How did you handle it?   Answer Question