Westinghouse Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Westinghouse

1 Interview Review

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Columbia, SC) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was done by my future manager and a future peer engineer. There was a series of behavioral questions and a few asking why I was there and what my experience was. Like always, honesty is key and I was excited about the resurgence of nuclear power as an alternative form of renewable energy. My past internship experience closely mirrored some of the role's responsibilities, so that helped the process move along as well. After the interview, I was taken on a short, 30 minute, tour of the facility to get a bird's eye view of the production.

Overall, the interview process was not too difficult. Be prepared to answer behavioral interview questions and speak on your previous experience. The interview was not technical: considering this was an engineering role, I was surprised. Having specific examples of some previous project experience (school or professional) ready was extremely helpful. The best thing that I ever did at my internship was to document my projects. I brought that along with my resume for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For a new grad, the offer and sign on bonus were within my starting expectations, so I did not counter.