Westlake Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Process Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

The interview was more standard personality question based with very little on the actual duties even when I proceeded to ask. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant and cozy as one would expect in Louisiana.

Interview Questions

• What concentrated of Electrical Engineering was I focused in   1 Answer

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical (Richmond, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Enthusiastic phone interview with the internal recruiter. He contacted me within minutes of applying. Brought in for face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Asked two questions, then told they had a preferred candidate, but it wasn't a sure thing. I was one of three interviews. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• If you had to negotiate with difficult stakeholders with different priorities, how would you approach it?   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical (Longview, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

applied online got a call and did a phone interview. They were supposed to call me back to setup a face to face interview but it never happened. I called 2 days later and they said it would be after thanksgiving, I called again they said they couldn't tell me anything. never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Westlake Chemical Response

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical.

Interview

Initially I communicated with a member of HR to set up the interview. My interview was in the office in Westlake. I was interview by two engineers and a member of HR. The interview went fairly smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something went wrong and you had to make it right.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical.

Interview

Entire process took a month. From initial contact from recruiter to background check after accepting offer. Interview with HR manager and I was invited for an onsite interview. Very open and honest people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a very competitive offer and didn't need any negotiations.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sulphur, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Chemical (Sulphur, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair. It started at 9 AM with a panel of 11 people followed by lunch out, after lunch was a plant tour followed by another panel interview with 5 people. The whole affair took about 7 hours. However the large number of people and two panels was due to the fact that they had multiple positions they were trying to fill/multiple managers interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation, what was it, how did you handle it, and what was the result. (Typical behavioral based interview questions.)   Answer Question