Westlake Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westlake Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

Finance & Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was a Skype call that lasted no longer than 15-20 minutes. Before the call they ask you to complete an excel test and another test which seemed to test basic math and logic skills both of which are not designed well and are extremely useless. The interview itself was very basic also. After two of the interviewers asked me questions they asked one of the financial analysts to come over and ask me some questions, his question was very vague and pretty bad and it seemed like he didn't know what to do. After the interview they will say they'll contact you in about 2 weeks but it's actually over 2 months.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful in the whole process as she was quick to setup an interview. However, the entire interview was a mess!

Prior to the interview, the email confirmation told me to expect 3 interviewers but they only sent one of the three to interview me, which showed me they do not respect their candidates for this position in the slightest.

As for the interview itself, the job advertised for a software developer role, but they were looking for a business analyst person, and because of this I was asked ZERO technical questions which left me frustrated as hours of preparation meant nothing as I apparently applied to the wrong role. Because of this, I knew that I would not get the position because HR fails to update their job description to reflect the company's needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish a bonus system for each employee's salary if there were no requirements, and me, as the interviewer, is the company?   1 Answer

Risk Ana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy. I applied first in the first week of October, and did the initial phone interview a week later. I did not hear back from them for a month. Then they asked me to do an Excel test. I did that in the last week of November. Again, did not hear from them for a whole month, before finally getting asked to go in for an interview in the last week of December.
    I met with 3 people in the risk analyst team. They asked me a lot of questions, from the strengths and weaknesses of their industry to SWOTanalysis of the company and they seemed to be satisfied with the answers. But they rejected me right then and there because I could not answer an Excel question (after successfully passing their Excel test).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview. The gentleman was friendly and nice, but did not seem to completely understand the questions he was asking, which felt uncomfortable. He was attempting to give a scenario of "Six men walk into a room with six empty chairs around a circular table. What is the likeliness of two men sitting next to each other?" Of course, there are many ways to answer this question, but he continued to get frustrated as he kept altering the question. What a strange interview. But my frustration came when he said he would respond in a week or so, which seemed odd but acceptable, I suppose. As several weeks went by I heard nothing from him, even after an email asking if I was still being considered. No response. I'm not sensitive, but I believe that if you interview with a company it's decent to at least let the candidate know that they are no longer being considered for the job instead of blown off.

Interview Questions

• Ultimately the question became: "If a man is sitting alone in a room at a circular table with six chairs, and a second man enters the room, what is the possibility that the second man will sit in a chair next to the first man?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Mostly Simple Resume and Personality questions first and Excel test at the end of the interview. This was a tough process. I almost forget most functions and formulas on excel. But there was no one reply me after the interview even I sent a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

Westlake Services Response

Feb 19, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback, we will reaching the recruiters to make all candidates have a notification sent. These are automated messages sent from the system once we close a position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from HR saying they would like to conduct an in-person interview. Needed to fill out a behavioral test online as well as a basic math/english test before arrival. Interview lasted about 30 mins, with two individuals. Toward the end of my interview I was asked to analyze a data set and make recommendations, (graphically, etc) on excel.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and how they can be beneficial to our company.   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, typing test, personality test along with basic math and english skills test. I was invited to a personal interview. Showed up 30 minutes early to take a writing test. The recruiter never showed to administer the test. The interviewers were 15 minutes late. Their questions were scattered and I don't believe they knew what they were looking for in the position. The requirements asked for typical litigation paralegal functions however they asked about code writing, Microsoft SQL Server and report building. 10 minutes in, one of the interviewers left but not before I was asked for a legal writing sample. I was left discussing stocks and other topics completely unrelated to the position. The last interviewer went on about how he graduated law school but never passed the bar.

I would recommend HR and that line of business have a conversation about what they want. I have over 10 years of litigation paralegal experience working in house for one of the largest companies in the US along with a JD and paralegal cert ......and I left with no idea what they were asking for. Maybe a law clerk/IT professional/investment banker/car salesman? Who knows but its a good representation of the company.....

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to write code for SQL?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Nothing really out of the ordinary. Seemed very casual.

Interview Questions

• Cannot think of any specific questions...It was more like a conversation with a friend and I asked some questions.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Entry Level Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites.
    They also asked me a probability questin.
    After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   4 Answers