Westlake Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Terrible HR Assistant conducted the interview. She did not listen to half of my responses to her questions, and kept speaking over me. Though i tried to break the ice on several occasions, she would just respond with a grin on her face. Her professional mannerisms were non existent, and she looked bad professionally too.
    Having a person like her in HR says a lot about the company. Don't walk away, Run!

Interview Questions

• You don't have much experience dealing with managers, do you?   1 Answer

Finance & Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was a Skype call that lasted no longer than 15-20 minutes. Before the call they ask you to complete an excel test and another test which seemed to test basic math and logic skills both of which are not designed well and are extremely useless. The interview itself was very basic also. After two of the interviewers asked me questions they asked one of the financial analysts to come over and ask me some questions, his question was very vague and pretty bad and it seemed like he didn't know what to do. After the interview they will say they'll contact you in about 2 weeks but it's actually over 2 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

basic questions seriously basic stuff like you know...the stuff that you assume they will ask nothing more nothing less nothing hard nothing surprising they don't try that hard they are not creative they just do the basic stuff here they seem to be more focused on themselves than you

Accounting Interview

Interview

Phone interview first. and then schedule for next round onsite interview. about 30 mins. Overall the interview is not very hard. and then they will tell you the decision in email by the next day.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

2round interview one phone one on site. The atmosphere is really bad. There is a lot of customer services people in the office. They are very busy and very sad. The whole office looks like a factory very narrow. The onsite interview just talk about behavior questions. And it looks like the managers don't know what the position's duty is. Wast of time.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful in the whole process as she was quick to setup an interview. However, the entire interview was a mess!

Prior to the interview, the email confirmation told me to expect 3 interviewers but they only sent one of the three to interview me, which showed me they do not respect their candidates for this position in the slightest.

As for the interview itself, the job advertised for a software developer role, but they were looking for a business analyst person, and because of this I was asked ZERO technical questions which left me frustrated as hours of preparation meant nothing as I apparently applied to the wrong role. Because of this, I knew that I would not get the position because HR fails to update their job description to reflect the company's needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish a bonus system for each employee's salary if there were no requirements, and me, as the interviewer, is the company?   1 Answer

Risk Ana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy. I applied first in the first week of October, and did the initial phone interview a week later. I did not hear back from them for a month. Then they asked me to do an Excel test. I did that in the last week of November. Again, did not hear from them for a whole month, before finally getting asked to go in for an interview in the last week of December.
    I met with 3 people in the risk analyst team. They asked me a lot of questions, from the strengths and weaknesses of their industry to SWOTanalysis of the company and they seemed to be satisfied with the answers. But they rejected me right then and there because I could not answer an Excel question (after successfully passing their Excel test).

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

two rounds, first round is almost behavior questions and one excel test which I need to finish it within half an hour. second round is more technical ask me some questions about probability

Interview Questions

• what is the probability if two people want to sit together in a five people round table?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview. The gentleman was friendly and nice, but did not seem to completely understand the questions he was asking, which felt uncomfortable. He was attempting to give a scenario of "Six men walk into a room with six empty chairs around a circular table. What is the likeliness of two men sitting next to each other?" Of course, there are many ways to answer this question, but he continued to get frustrated as he kept altering the question. What a strange interview. But my frustration came when he said he would respond in a week or so, which seemed odd but acceptable, I suppose. As several weeks went by I heard nothing from him, even after an email asking if I was still being considered. No response. I'm not sensitive, but I believe that if you interview with a company it's decent to at least let the candidate know that they are no longer being considered for the job instead of blown off.

Interview Questions

• Ultimately the question became: "If a man is sitting alone in a room at a circular table with six chairs, and a second man enters the room, what is the possibility that the second man will sit in a chair next to the first man?"   1 Answer

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Mainly they are looking to see if you have experience in the car business. If you do not. Don't even try getting job. They ask you a lot of the normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Best thing about old job   1 Answer
    • Are or have u been in car business   1 Answer