Westlake Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful in the whole process as she was quick to setup an interview. However, the entire interview was a mess!

Prior to the interview, the email confirmation told me to expect 3 interviewers but they only sent one of the three to interview me, which showed me they do not respect their candidates for this position in the slightest.

As for the interview itself, the job advertised for a software developer role, but they were looking for a business analyst person, and because of this I was asked ZERO technical questions which left me frustrated as hours of preparation meant nothing as I apparently applied to the wrong role. Because of this, I knew that I would not get the position because HR fails to update their job description to reflect the company's needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish a bonus system for each employee's salary if there were no requirements, and me, as the interviewer, is the company?   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

two rounds, first round is almost behavior questions and one excel test which I need to finish it within half an hour. second round is more technical ask me some questions about probability

Interview Questions

• what is the probability if two people want to sit together in a five people round table?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview. The gentleman was friendly and nice, but did not seem to completely understand the questions he was asking, which felt uncomfortable. He was attempting to give a scenario of "Six men walk into a room with six empty chairs around a circular table. What is the likeliness of two men sitting next to each other?" Of course, there are many ways to answer this question, but he continued to get frustrated as he kept altering the question. What a strange interview. But my frustration came when he said he would respond in a week or so, which seemed odd but acceptable, I suppose. As several weeks went by I heard nothing from him, even after an email asking if I was still being considered. No response. I'm not sensitive, but I believe that if you interview with a company it's decent to at least let the candidate know that they are no longer being considered for the job instead of blown off.

Interview Questions

• Ultimately the question became: "If a man is sitting alone in a room at a circular table with six chairs, and a second man enters the room, what is the possibility that the second man will sit in a chair next to the first man?"   1 Answer

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Mainly they are looking to see if you have experience in the car business. If you do not. Don't even try getting job. They ask you a lot of the normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Best thing about old job   1 Answer
    • Are or have u been in car business   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my strengths and weakness. My job history. Why I'm applying for this position what do i want to get out of this job?I was asked about one time where a customer was difficult? how did I handle it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths? I was asked about my job history? I was asked about my experience in the field?   Answer Question
    • What do you look forward to in this job?   Answer Question

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, now going through the background check just waiting on a response. My interview was more informational , some basic questions on my background. Overall super easygoing .

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. There were two interviews. One is with the your prospective bosses and coworker/s. The other is with the CFO and the President. The interview was mostly them trying to get to know you as a person as opposed to see how much you know. There was an excel test at the end. They try to give you hints if you don't know how to do a function.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Mostly Simple Resume and Personality questions first and Excel test at the end of the interview. This was a tough process. I almost forget most functions and formulas on excel. But there was no one reply me after the interview even I sent a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

Westlake Services Response

Feb 19, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback, we will reaching the recruiters to make all candidates have a notification sent. These are automated messages sent from the system once we close a position.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (West Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It has five rounds and it depends upon the position and role. There were some questions which was totally upon sql query which was the requirement of the firm. there were a analytical test too. which checks your basic skills in technology.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have .?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services in December 2015.

Interview

had a couple phone interviews; first with recruiter, second with area manager. Offered the job that night and was in LA training a few weeks later. First interview was very simple. She didn't really know the job or the industry, just a yes I know how to do a few things and I passed Round One. Second interview was with Area Manager, seemed disconnected and wasn't paying attention most of the time. Typical questions about sales process. After completing a Personality test, Area Manager called back with Divisional Trainer on conference call and we chatted a little more.