Westlake Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, followed by 5 onsite interviews on a full day interaction. Onsite interviews ranged between VP, SVP, GC, and CFO. Fairly senior executive team to work with and great onboarding experience.

Internal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a one on one interview. They made sure you know that your definitely in for a long drawn out interrogation. Make sure you are ready to answer questions straight forward.

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Mainly they are looking to see if you have experience in the car business. If you do not. Don't even try getting job. They ask you a lot of the normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Best thing about old job   1 Answer
    • Are or have u been in car business   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

We talked about the responsibilities and daily work. The analyst introduce the main business and test me on database and MS software. There are some behavior questions. We have discussion what kind of work I am interested in and how I want to start my work. The total interview may cost 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you learn if you meet some barriers during work?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. There were two interviews. One is with the your prospective bosses and coworker/s. The other is with the CFO and the President. The interview was mostly them trying to get to know you as a person as opposed to see how much you know. There was an excel test at the end. They try to give you hints if you don't know how to do a function.

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Prepare for a group interview in front of a hiring manager with two other people. Be prepared to quiz yourself about sales before the interview. The Hiring manager will explain the dynamics of working at the company as a sales representative. The interview lasts for half an hour; approximately 10 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the key to making sales quotas?
      What have you done in the past to show that you have leadership?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Mostly Simple Resume and Personality questions first and Excel test at the end of the interview. This was a tough process. I almost forget most functions and formulas on excel. But there was no one reply me after the interview even I sent a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

Westlake Services Response

Feb 19, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback, we will reaching the recruiters to make all candidates have a notification sent. These are automated messages sent from the system once we close a position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from HR saying they would like to conduct an in-person interview. Needed to fill out a behavioral test online as well as a basic math/english test before arrival. Interview lasted about 30 mins, with two individuals. Toward the end of my interview I was asked to analyze a data set and make recommendations, (graphically, etc) on excel.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and how they can be beneficial to our company.   Answer Question

Non-Sales Managerial Position (Corporate Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had been out of work for just a couple of weeks due to a layoff when I received a call from WF on a Friday afternoon. I sent it to voicemail so I could quickly look up the company before calling. I was aggressive in my job search and for some reason thought WF was a regular financial services company (-I have worked in FS before). After finding out that it was sub-prime auto lender, I had mixed feelings about calling this company back, especially after reading some stories and complaints about some of the shady practices of this company with changing people's due dates or outright lying to them. After receiving some bad advice from people who said I should give them a chance, I called back the hiring manager on a Monday and was asked questions about my experience. Immediately when I started speaking to him, I got the impression of a non-friendly type of guy who I wouldn't want to work for. This particular manager questioned me on every detail of my past experience, but not in an inquiring type of way, but in an accusatory type of way, especially when I mentioned my layoff. I've had phone interviews before, and the interaction in this phone interview reminded me of dealing with a used car salesman with very aggressive, defensive attitudes. When I got off the phone, I felt like I needed to take a shower. I understand this is a sub-prime auto lender, but there is something very shady about this place, and aside from desperation of not having a job, I don't know how people can work here and feel good about themselves. I would have had a hard time working for a place like this that targets the poor, the uneducated, or the desperate. I actually tried to go online after the phone interview to delete/rescind my application. The sub-prime auto lending industry is currently unregulated and very predatory, so expect this bubble to pop just like the housing industry a few years ago.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Westlake Financial?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Commision position.