Westlake Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Terrible HR Assistant conducted the interview. She did not listen to half of my responses to her questions, and kept speaking over me. Though i tried to break the ice on several occasions, she would just respond with a grin on her face. Her professional mannerisms were non existent, and she looked bad professionally too.
    Having a person like her in HR says a lot about the company. Don't walk away, Run!

Interview Questions

• You don't have much experience dealing with managers, do you?   1 Answer

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with the Internal Sales Director and AVP of Sales. The questions were pretty straightforward, nothing difficult. It was right out of college. Most of the questions they asked me about pertained to the internship I had with a financial company over one summer break.

Finance & Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was a Skype call that lasted no longer than 15-20 minutes. Before the call they ask you to complete an excel test and another test which seemed to test basic math and logic skills both of which are not designed well and are extremely useless. The interview itself was very basic also. After two of the interviewers asked me questions they asked one of the financial analysts to come over and ask me some questions, his question was very vague and pretty bad and it seemed like he didn't know what to do. After the interview they will say they'll contact you in about 2 weeks but it's actually over 2 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

basic questions seriously basic stuff like you know...the stuff that you assume they will ask nothing more nothing less nothing hard nothing surprising they don't try that hard they are not creative they just do the basic stuff here they seem to be more focused on themselves than you

Risk Ana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy. I applied first in the first week of October, and did the initial phone interview a week later. I did not hear back from them for a month. Then they asked me to do an Excel test. I did that in the last week of November. Again, did not hear from them for a whole month, before finally getting asked to go in for an interview in the last week of December.
    I met with 3 people in the risk analyst team. They asked me a lot of questions, from the strengths and weaknesses of their industry to SWOTanalysis of the company and they seemed to be satisfied with the answers. But they rejected me right then and there because I could not answer an Excel question (after successfully passing their Excel test).

Accounting Interview

Interview

Phone interview first. and then schedule for next round onsite interview. about 30 mins. Overall the interview is not very hard. and then they will tell you the decision in email by the next day.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

2round interview one phone one on site. The atmosphere is really bad. There is a lot of customer services people in the office. They are very busy and very sad. The whole office looks like a factory very narrow. The onsite interview just talk about behavior questions. And it looks like the managers don't know what the position's duty is. Wast of time.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful in the whole process as she was quick to setup an interview. However, the entire interview was a mess!

Prior to the interview, the email confirmation told me to expect 3 interviewers but they only sent one of the three to interview me, which showed me they do not respect their candidates for this position in the slightest.

As for the interview itself, the job advertised for a software developer role, but they were looking for a business analyst person, and because of this I was asked ZERO technical questions which left me frustrated as hours of preparation meant nothing as I apparently applied to the wrong role. Because of this, I knew that I would not get the position because HR fails to update their job description to reflect the company's needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish a bonus system for each employee's salary if there were no requirements, and me, as the interviewer, is the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services in December 2015.

Interview

had a couple phone interviews; first with recruiter, second with area manager. Offered the job that night and was in LA training a few weeks later. First interview was very simple. She didn't really know the job or the industry, just a yes I know how to do a few things and I passed Round One. Second interview was with Area Manager, seemed disconnected and wasn't paying attention most of the time. Typical questions about sales process. After completing a Personality test, Area Manager called back with Divisional Trainer on conference call and we chatted a little more.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, followed by 5 onsite interviews on a full day interaction. Onsite interviews ranged between VP, SVP, GC, and CFO. Fairly senior executive team to work with and great onboarding experience.