Westpac Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westpac Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Using technology allows potential employees to be on a level playing field. Online application, online talent assessment (Gallup), then online video interview (Sonru). Further assessments and interviews are required at later stages, for successful applicants.

Interview Questions

• General questions to decide whether you are a team player, leader or worker and autonomy required to complete tasks.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online and got sent email instantly to compete online interview through Sonu.
    Questions are mainly customer focused and after specific answers. I did mine about a month ago now and have only just got a phone call for a interview in person. I found it a bit hard to talk into my phone and think of the answers on the spot. I did take notes with me which helped.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Firstly phone interview with basic questions and checklist, usually you'll be successful to proceed to next stage, come with a few questionnaires and tests to test your personality and some basic skills like logics and calculation, along with some behavioural questions. If pass this stage, next is the in person interview at an assessment centre, it comes in the form of both group and personal interview, takes quite a few hours and multiple sections, mainly to evaluate your capacity to work in a team and communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you introduced a new technology to a customer or colleague.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Firstly, a Gallup questionnaire, this takes about 45 minutes to complete.
    Secondly, if successfully pass step one, you will get an online interview via Sonru, this takes about 30 minutes to complete.
    Thirdly, it's an SHL Assessment that takes up to 35 minutes to complete.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westpac Group (City of Parramatta (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

online test and internet interview, I did really bad in the online interview actually, however I got the chance to the face to face interview tomorrow, so will see how it goes

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Adelaide (Australia)).

Interview

Two assessment centres, consisting of an interview, group activities, role play and some individual work.
    The interviews were quite short, consisting of some behavioural questions, and some more general questions. The group activities were very focused on the core values of the company, and seeing how you work together as a team. The role play assessed certain criteria on how you would address customers and brokers.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through a difficult problem you worked through.   Answer Question
    • If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I apply on line, and passed the online test,I invited to have an video interview! There are nine questions, simple to understand but not easy to answer.you need to do some preparation

Interview Questions

• A time Owoed your customer
      Money handling experiment
      How to deliver a outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply online, resume is auto scanned and then if that meets the standard you are invited to a an online assessment, if you pass that then onto a video interview. Then you wait for the recruiters to assess who will move forward to a face to face interview. The in person interview is very friendly, behaviour based questioning.

Interview Questions

• What are three of your proudest achievements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney (South Africa)).

Interview

Hiring process: Online application, psychrometric testing, video interview and then assessment centre.
    Assessment centre: Interview, individual case study and presentation, group activity.
    The interview was very structured and included several behavioural questions linked clearly to the corporate values, so make sure you have practiced some examples and likely questions you think will pop up. Always use the STAR method as this will make sure you clearly describe your examples. Understanding the current conditions of the financial sector in Australia, Westpac's strategy and competitors is also very important, as this was asked to gauge my knowledge and interest in the industry as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me about some recent developments in the financial sector and how Westpac's strategy and vision address these?
      Q: Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult or disagreeable client?
      Q: Tell me about a time where you worked on a project and had to adapt to new circumstances?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Canberra (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and easy to understand, The time given to prepare for the answer gives the individual a chance to very well organise the thought flow.