Westwood College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westwood College (Anaheim, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The first step is over the phone. They ask you about your experience. Your work style and drive for the position. After phone interview you speak to Regional manager and from there we meet in person!

They drill you on what you can bring to the team and why? My perception of the people they are uptight and not that excited about students just keeping a job!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to develop leads?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are taking the offer but you want more then ask! They will go a level higher to see if they can approve your request.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westwood College (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was called by the director of admissions for a telephone interview. About 10 days later I had a face-to-face interview. I was contacted three days later and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was my track record regarding meeting and exceeding metrics?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westwood College (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

quick and easy - they were hiring people like crazy when I interviewed in 2009. Asked a bunch of questions to see what my motivation was and use it. Try to use incentives to wow me.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westwood College (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 interviews including one with Director. It was nice to see the campus and meet various people in the office. It was pretty positive. The carpets could be cleaner and the walls could be cleaner too, but the staff was very nice. I chose to work here because the Admissions staff seem experienced and genuine about helping students.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle being on the phone a lot and how I would motivate students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westwood College (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with the Hiring Director ( Director Of Admissions), then I was invited in for a one on one interview. If they like you, we will be sent an email to take an assessment. Then offer or interview with Regional.

Interview Questions

• What would your wife and kids say about you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westwood College (Denver, CO) in July 2009.

Interview

Positions were opened so I dropped off my resume at the office where the hiring manager and HR dept were. I then asked for and got the HR rep's name. I called her 3 times in 2 weeks for an interview and they interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything out of the ordinary. Admissions is sales. Show you understand the sales process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. If I wanted the job I had to take their offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westwood College.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruited from Career Builder. He screened me initially and then forwarded my resume to the Director of Admissions. I had one quick phone screen and was invited in for an in-person interview. I came in two days letter, met the DA and knew that this was the type of position I was looking for. I needed to meet with the DA's boss but he lives across the country and wouldn't be back to this campus for a few weeks. So I scheduled another interview for the following week to come in and do a Skype interview with that manager. They offered me the job on the spot, I submitted my paperwork, and about 8 days later was my start date.

Super quick. Super easy. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Who was the worst manager you've ever had and what did you dislike about them?

Who was the best manager you've ever had and what did you like about them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable up to certain point. They have like $10,000 to play with. I was offered the max I was eligible for and I was happy with that.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westwood College (Denver, CO).

Interview

Preliminary phone interview, face to face with director of admissions. Final interview with Vice President of Admissions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me my current salary and what my requirements would be, informed them and they met it.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westwood College (Denver, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

First you will have a face to face interview with the director of admissions
    Mormally asking you questions about your sales positions in the past and why you would be a good fit
    Phone Interview with VP
    And last interview offering you the job

Interview Questions

• how do you sell a pen?? Or sell this pen to me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are will adjust your pay if you have experience or a degree under your belt
    Pretty fair offer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westwood College (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

You will have to teach a mock-lesson.
    Previous experience is a necessity.This will be very helpful because it shows that you have classroom management skills and have taught before.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience in teaching at the college level?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.