Wet Seal Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wet Seal Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Wet Seal

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on line 2 weeks ago today and was first contacted by an Assistant Manager the following day. She spent about 10 minutes covering basic questions such as my availability and recent work experience. It was her first time doing a phone interview and I spent much of the call reassuring her. I received a call the next morning from the store manager to schedule an interview for the following week (5 days later). This interview lasted about 45 minutes and she followed up the next day. I went in later the same afternoon for the second interview. It was with another manager and lasted 30 minutes. We briefly reviewed some of the questions and covered several other scenario type questions. I was told that the store manager would follow up to set up an interview with the District Manager at the start of the week but have not heard back. The position is part time and has widely varying hours. I am more qualified for a Store Manager position so I don't expect a call back. If I were hiring for this position, I would expect an applicant such as myself to move continue interviewing and move on once they find something better suited to their goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you became annoyed with an employee because they weren't working quickly enough. Many of the questions had you describing negative experiences and encounters. They want positivism so turn the answers around to focus on the good.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wet Seal

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed within a week and hired 2 days after. It was a pretty basic interview with questions regarding multitasking. It also it great to be aware of certain ideas and past examples of how you can help manage a team.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

I went through multiple interviews. store manager, district manager, other store managers at other stores, etc. they as detailed questions from a pre written packet. you have to go into such detail. the questions are not relevant to the job description. waste of time overall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Easy ... Talked to the store manager. On the phone and face to face. Then phone interview w district manager. They were very nice but the process was very drawn out

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Low pay

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Wet Seal in August 2011.

Interview

I walked in and immediately met the store manager. She was awesome! She asked me my availability, how many hours I am needing, and handed me an application (at that time everything was done on paper.) I came back no later than a hour to turn in my application. We had then sent a time for an interview, which was the following week. After the interview, I received a phone call from the SM stating how excited she was to have me join her team. The interview went very well. I interviewed with their AM. She was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Wet Seal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They stated that they were excited to have me join their team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview I had was VERY unorganized. When I arrived a few minutes early the manager was "out of it" and couldn't find my resume ( I brought extras). They broke the rules and interviewed me outside the store, which was fine since the A/C was broken. Both managers asked me a ton or random questions, both at different times. I was told that the regional manager wasn't even aware of them interviewing, which made me think "why am I here?". It's been 3 weeks and I 've heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was stealing?   Answer Question
    • Are return policy is strict, how would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Lancaster, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Seen an ad for the assistant manager position on Craigslist. I didn't hear anything back for a few days so I called the store. Was told to fill out an app, I returned the application a couple of days later. I had to wait because there was another girl who was turning hers in as well. I was offered an interview the same day and time as the girl in front of me(didn't know they did group interviews). I thought since I got an interview so fast that I would be working within the next couple of weeks(WRONG). Interview went great, was told to call back a week later all I was told was if we are interested we will call you. Well, they called the next day to set up an interview with the store manager. As I was giving thank you cards to the managers, I got my THIRD interview with a store manager a 1/2 hr away. With that interview we went over pay and sounded like I was being offered a position. It has been 2 weeks since I have heard anything(they say they need to talk to their district manager) and going on a month now and no job offer yet. I feel like I always have to call them to find out what's going on.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Leawood, KS) in September 2009.

Interview

I saw a post of craigs list. I responded by sending my resume, received email that day, went to the store and filled out an app and background check. That day I had a phone interview with the DM, was offered the position by 8pm that night. I was qualified, so it was easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a woman YOU see stealing in your store about to leave?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important part of this business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnt much to negotiate, everything was what I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

I had worked for the current store manager as her assistant at another company. She wanted me to relocate with her to Wet Seal as her assistant and possibly future Co. Since she knew me she couldn't interview me. I was told to call the DD at a particular time for a phone interview. She asked me questions about my previous employment, loss pervention, customer service, team leadership, and what I could bring to the company. She instructed me to visit any wet seal in my area and "secret shop." After I completed this task I was to email her with my thoughts of the store and how it was run. I emailed my thoughts and she called me back the same day. We discussed salary at which she gave a terrible offer that I declined. She offered another pay that I accepted. The following week I started at Wet Seal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wet Seal underpays their employees. Definately aim high so that they will offer you something decent. Don't settle; dds get a bonus if they keep new hires in a certain pay bracket.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Sacramento, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed inside mall. Went well. Looking for dedicated employees.

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between Customer Service and Selling   1 Answer

Commute