Wet Seal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wet Seal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (West Mifflin, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online at some point and got a phone call at least a month later. Had a typical phone interview and then scheduled an in person interview for that Friday at 4. Got a call on Friday at 3 saying they needed to reschedule. Went in on Monday and said I had an interview and the sales staff was startled and I had to stand around for ten minutes while one of them was on the phone with the manager. She then grabbed the binder full of questions and we interviewed on a bench in front of the store. She didn't seem comfortable interviewing. She didn't really give me any information on on when they would call me or anything and I never did get a call back. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you were overwhelmed and how you handled it."
      "Name a time you had to be fashionably forward"
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy, informal, not held in an office or room but in the hallway of the mall itself. Had to choose an outfit and explain why I pieced it together to show my fashion sense.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

my interview process at retail job are easy the interviewer just asked basic job about my previous jobs that I had before please give an opportunity to land this position my overall experience is excellent

Interview Questions

• what you like about your job   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Roseville, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the middle of November and received a call the first week of December. The manager just went over my schedule, references, and why I applied there. Then, I got scheduled to come in the following day for an interview. It was a one on one interview with the manager and it was only about an hour long (depending on how many questions/ how you answer the questions). Being a seasonal position they wanted to hire me on the spot and start training that day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to our company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being a seasonal job we worked out a schedule around my main job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal in December 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. Brought me in to ask a bunch of basic interview questions. The manager was really nice and funny, she made me feel really comfortable talking to her. It was really quick and straight-forward; probably lasted a total of 10 minutes. Got a call the same day saying I got the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

I put my application in online and the very next day I got a phone call by the store manager asking whens the best day early next week to have a in person interview. I went into the interview and it went very well. The store manager told me she will let me know though an E-MAIL which day and time I WILL BE CALLED for my two over the phone interviews one being another store manager and the other by the dm. Two days later I GOT A CALL by her telling me I HAD TO CALL another store manager by this time today in which I had to call that store manager within an hour of her phone call in which she just told me about it and I ALSO HAD TO CALL the dm next day for my interview with her. I called the other store manager when I was told to and it seemed to go very good. I called the dm the next day at the time I was suppose to and that interview went very well also. The dm told me I would hear back from them good or bad no later than 4 four days after this over the phone interview with her. I never heard from them again no call and no e-mail. I went into my application online to see if it was still active (if there are still looking for someone) and it was inactive (which means they are no longer looking for someone). The interview question are easy other then they all ask you the same questions and even some questions are asked twice or more within one interview and it seems like they don't read you resume before your interview with them at all. I just wish they would do as they say they are like i'll email you and they will call you, but instead i'll call you and you have to call for your interview's and of course JUST CALL EVERYONE BACK GOOD OR BAD and don't just say you will and then don't. In all honest if you don't the job you waste roughly about a week of your time doing all this and waiting for them to not just give you 5 minutes of there time to call you back to let you know if you got it or not that's where I got little upset about it and I think most people would.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an issue with staff member not listening to you and how did it work out at the end and give a good example and explain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview about a week later and had an in-person interview a couple days after. Sat on a bench inside the mall and had my interview. Fairly easy interview with standard retail questions. Many of the questions were very situation based. Was very laid back

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Midland, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I met first with the store manager and I had no interview. Then he scheduled me for an interview with the district manager. I was not too happy with how my negotiation was made. Because of my age they lowered my pay, then hired another assistant two months later for 3 dollars more an hour because she was older.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to show them pay stubs from a previous job and they based my pay off of that amount. And I didn't hear my offer till they made me do paperwork. Then I was still making 73 cents less an hour then I was as an associate at Dillard's.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Bloomington, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

The manager just asked me the basics, about myself, why i wanted to work for the company and gave me a few sneers to respond to then we just discussed my work history and why i was quitting my previous job.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week or so later I received a call which turned out to be a phone interview and I went in for an in-person interview the next week with the store manager. The manager was really nice it seemed like the questions she asked she had to ask because she said one question was a little weird. I interviewed on Monday by Friday I got a call back with an offer, and my orientation was the next Monday.