Wet Seal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.1

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Called for a quick phone interview (5 min), then offered in person interview (20 min). They do group interviews and one-on-one. Sometimes both and sometimes one or the other. On boarding is 2 hrs of paper work and computer work. Then Store tour and training basics

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here/ What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
  • What would you do in a situation where the customer is rude/angry?   Answer Question
  • Questions about Loss Prevention   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wet Seal

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

It was a very quick interview but long process of taking personality test . Mainly they will always give you a chance no matter if you have or dont have experinces

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I walked in store and asked for a job. my manager saw the potential in me (what she said), so she gave me contact to schedule appointment.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You go in and do a group interview, pick out an outfit then try to outshine the others with your answers to management questions. When you pick out an outfit you have to explain why you chose it and who it would be for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for wet seal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Knoxville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I got the call within a week of putting in my application. Only had to do one interview with the store manager. She was very nice and made the interview comfortable. They asked me some pretty general questions and some in-detail scenario questions. They seemed very focused on your ability to turn negative situations into positive ones.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Really easy! Mostly laughed and joked about some questions. Mostly trendy topics. Dress according to the style of the store. Know about WetSeal. Wear some of their clothes will be some what helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is in style right now?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to handle a difficult customer what and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Very brief and informal. Sat at one of the chairs in the mall. Attire was business casual. Just asked me questions about school and future career goals. Then informed me about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (West Mifflin, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online at some point and got a phone call at least a month later. Had a typical phone interview and then scheduled an in person interview for that Friday at 4. Got a call on Friday at 3 saying they needed to reschedule. Went in on Monday and said I had an interview and the sales staff was startled and I had to stand around for ten minutes while one of them was on the phone with the manager. She then grabbed the binder full of questions and we interviewed on a bench in front of the store. She didn't seem comfortable interviewing. She didn't really give me any information on on when they would call me or anything and I never did get a call back. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you were overwhelmed and how you handled it."
      "Name a time you had to be fashionably forward"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

my interview process at retail job are easy the interviewer just asked basic job about my previous jobs that I had before please give an opportunity to land this position my overall experience is excellent

Interview Questions

• what you like about your job   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal in December 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. Brought me in to ask a bunch of basic interview questions. The manager was really nice and funny, she made me feel really comfortable talking to her. It was really quick and straight-forward; probably lasted a total of 10 minutes. Got a call the same day saying I got the job.