Weta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Broadcast News Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The PBS NewsHour conducts a phone interview where the hiring manager asks candidates about their goals, their qualifications and interest in the position and the program. The company will conduct a current events news quiz which is extremely difficult and a test of your knowledge regarding the PBS NewsHour program by phone. This is all basic knowledge. I passed all tests and was not hired by the PBS NewsHour and WETA. This position is not for aspiring tv news reporters, anchors, nor producers. You will not get a demo reel with WETA and PBS NewsHour. The PBS NewsHour's news assistant program for broadcast, digital/online, and social media are extremely competitive for undergraduate college graduates and graduate students.

For aspiring television news reporters, news anchors, multi-media journalists(MMJ) and news producers out there, the PBS NewsHour neither provide none of its employees the opportunity to make a news anchor reel tape, a news reporter reel tape, and/or news producer reel tape. The PBS NewsHour does neither have the money, the equipment nor resources available. Find another news assistant position at another news media company as the PBS NewsHour does not provide this.

It is very difficult to be admitted into the news assistant programs (broadcast, digital/online, and social media) as it is very competitive. The PBS NewsHour will not inform applicants specifically why they weren't accepted and why their application has been declined. This program and this company constantly suffer from budget cuts on a consistent, regular basis. The PBS NewsHour has limited resources for all candidates/applicants and all employees.

Production Assistant Graphics and Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Online Application, after almost 3-4 days, I got an email request for in-person interview. And the interview was taken place at their office next week. A guy who should be my future supervisor as well as colleague came. They said one was the first of ten selected candidates. And the position was newly created.

Animation Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Wellington (New Zealand)) in May 2016.

Interview

First you have to apply online, it's the same for everyone no bypass. The you receive a mail (or not) to plan an interview with 2 or 3 member of your futur team. They are kind and ask specific question about the role. Then if your lucky yor will receive an email asking for references. And to finish the final answer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience and my previous work.   1 Answer