Weyerhaeuser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with the final round being in-office with members of the accounting department. First round was with an accounting manager, second was with three members of the accounting department, third was with accounting manager and accounting executives.

Interview Questions

• Three defining experiences in your life that you are proud of   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

One interview, lasted about an hour. Very informal and relaxed. Hard to get in touch with human resources. Got back to me very quickly via telephone to let me know of their decision

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Hot Springs, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Sr Talent Acquisition lead for initial phone screen, then did a video "interview" for a lower level position. Did not get that role and applied for a HRM role, which closely aligned better with my career path.

17 years of manufacturing in HR with Fortune 100 company and no reach out? I'm convinced Weyerhaeuser should vett its Talent Acquisition professionals better. They're likely running quality candidates that aren't ready to be sent out to pasture yet. I will never apply with this organization again.

Interview Questions

• The normal recite your resume to me-for 30 minutes trying to highlight pertinent details to assure HR has a total package of my experience.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Half day process. Gave short presentation on future of industry which was followed by questions. Most were behavioral/situational, but were not super difficult. Did not get many questions about presentation- not sure if was due to quality of presentation or not.

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser in April 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, interviewed on campus. I applied this position on school website, then i was chosen to attend the on-campus interview. The interview was about 30 minutes, mostly behavior questions and little tech questions. After one week, i got the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had to deal with in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Savannah, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Complete assessment then panel interview. Panel consists of 5 persons. Assessment would have been a breeze had instructions clearer. A couple of the interviewers attemted stone faced attitude but if interest peeked theyshowed signs of life.

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Group phone interview that took an hour, then an in person group interview on site.
    I asked them a lot of questions myself. It become apparent to me that they do not work 40 hours a week when the control manager told me that he works every day of the week. I asked if that was just during major project installations or every week, he said it was every week.
    It is clear that they take advantage of people are poorly organized, they don't plan time very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your control experience in industrial environments.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

No phone interview. In person four-person panel. Behavioral based questions. Be prepared to have several good stories to draw from, or just be ready to make things up on the fly. Overall everyone on the panel was friendly and welcoming. However, they have a list of questions prepared that they take turns asking and they really want to have those questions answered so they can take their notes (not much room for improvising). Minimal technical questions and the few they did ask were simple.

Wood Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

After being interviewed for a different department and turned down, the Accounting Manager said that I would be a great fit in the Wood Products department. After about 2 weeks (sporadically) of going back and forth with the lead from the Wood Products department, she set up an interview date and time, then she requested to change it about a day later. I was flexible so I agreed. The interview itself went pretty standard, they seemed very excited and interested in me and said they would call me back within a week or so after they had interviewed others for the position. The interview was on a Friday afternoon, I received a phone call back on Monday afternoon with a "Sorry but we actually decided that we don't have a need for an intern right now. Try again during the next posting." I felt that this was very unprofessional. I should have known better as apparently they have a track record for things of this nature according to other reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult group member (or co-worker) and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Optimizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

The interview was formal. Sat in the middle of a room, surrounded by management and was ran through a series of questions they had prepared. Afterwards, we did walked around the plant.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions probing my knowledge of the lumber mill process, the logging industry, and the role I would play at the mill.   Answer Question