Weyerhaeuser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weyerhaeuser Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.1

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser in April 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, interviewed on campus. I applied this position on school website, then i was chosen to attend the on-campus interview. The interview was about 30 minutes, mostly behavior questions and little tech questions. After one week, i got the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had to deal with in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Superintendent of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Eugene, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

The process started by applying on the company website. I received a call from a recruiter a couple weeks later and a follow on call from HR to set up an onsite interview. I was still serving in the military and not able to conduct an onsite interview due to being overseas. I suggested we conduct a Skype interview and they proceeded to get Skype added to the work location. The first interview was a panel of 5, very focused on safety and employee relations, particularly when you have a problem child working for you, but very fair and nothing I hadn't worked around, a couple questions regarding union employee experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with problem employee's, 2nd part, what if he/she is your best performer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very quick and easy, HR and unit manager were great and I look forward to working with them

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Savannah, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Complete assessment then panel interview. Panel consists of 5 persons. Assessment would have been a breeze had instructions clearer. A couple of the interviewers attemted stone faced attitude but if interest peeked theyshowed signs of life.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser in November 2015.

Interview

They called to come in a take a knowledge test. Immediately after took an interview with direct supervisor and manager. They asked me a series of questions about my previous jobs and education along with any additional training I may have received. Also asked the standard questions about safety, maintenance issues, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a safety issue at your last place you worked? What kind of maintenance issue did you have that you didn't know and how did you go about fixing the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none.

IT Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

Had to conduct interview through Aerotek staffing firm. Aerotek did a por job representing Weyerhaeuser. After repeatedly contacting Aerotek, they finally got back to me and told me that Weyerhaeuser would like to interview me. This process took too long. For a temp position, this process shouldn't have taken so long.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to begin employment?   1 Answer

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Group phone interview that took an hour, then an in person group interview on site.
    I asked them a lot of questions myself. It become apparent to me that they do not work 40 hours a week when the control manager told me that he works every day of the week. I asked if that was just during major project installations or every week, he said it was every week.
    It is clear that they take advantage of people are poorly organized, they don't plan time very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your control experience in industrial environments.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

I got a phone interview after I submitted my resume through my school. The process was short and pretty easy, informal. We talked about school and job choices, interest in major and coursework/ I got a call to plan the interview and an email with the offer later on.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken? Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. Only had to come to the office once and had one interview with 2 managers. One of the best interview experiences I have had.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

No phone interview. In person four-person panel. Behavioral based questions. Be prepared to have several good stories to draw from, or just be ready to make things up on the fly. Overall everyone on the panel was friendly and welcoming. However, they have a list of questions prepared that they take turns asking and they really want to have those questions answered so they can take their notes (not much room for improvising). Minimal technical questions and the few they did ask were simple.

Planer Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dierks, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Dierks, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved two separate interview sessions, in which I was evaluated and questioned by various company management staff. Consisted of a full background check, physical evaluation, and drug screening. Process usually takes up to one month for full completion. After completing all required steps and paperwork, then there was a wait while HR determined if I was a good candidate for the position.