Weyerhaeuser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weyerhaeuser Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

I got a phone interview after I submitted my resume through my school. The process was short and pretty easy, informal. We talked about school and job choices, interest in major and coursework/ I got a call to plan the interview and an email with the offer later on.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken? Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. Only had to come to the office once and had one interview with 2 managers. One of the best interview experiences I have had.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

No phone interview. In person four-person panel. Behavioral based questions. Be prepared to have several good stories to draw from, or just be ready to make things up on the fly. Overall everyone on the panel was friendly and welcoming. However, they have a list of questions prepared that they take turns asking and they really want to have those questions answered so they can take their notes (not much room for improvising). Minimal technical questions and the few they did ask were simple.

Planer Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dierks, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Dierks, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved two separate interview sessions, in which I was evaluated and questioned by various company management staff. Consisted of a full background check, physical evaluation, and drug screening. Process usually takes up to one month for full completion. After completing all required steps and paperwork, then there was a wait while HR determined if I was a good candidate for the position.

Wood Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Federal Way, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

After being interviewed for a different department and turned down, the Accounting Manager said that I would be a great fit in the Wood Products department. After about 2 weeks (sporadically) of going back and forth with the lead from the Wood Products department, she set up an interview date and time, then she requested to change it about a day later. I was flexible so I agreed. The interview itself went pretty standard, they seemed very excited and interested in me and said they would call me back within a week or so after they had interviewed others for the position. The interview was on a Friday afternoon, I received a phone call back on Monday afternoon with a "Sorry but we actually decided that we don't have a need for an intern right now. Try again during the next posting." I felt that this was very unprofessional. I should have known better as apparently they have a track record for things of this nature according to other reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult group member (or co-worker) and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Optimizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

The interview was formal. Sat in the middle of a room, surrounded by management and was ran through a series of questions they had prepared. Afterwards, we did walked around the plant.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions probing my knowledge of the lumber mill process, the logging industry, and the role I would play at the mill.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

The application took 3 weeks to process. Got the phone interview round. There was no technical question, they only asked in general and personal questions. Got ask for GPA, major, school, schedule, how willing to work. What does it mean to be IT. What's the job of IT?

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser.

Interview

A phone interview and an panel interview interview where all other potential candidates were present. There were no technical questions, only behavioral (i.e. "Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership."). Overall a good experience and well organized. The company was quick to respond after applying and the interviewers were very pleasant and made it easy to feel comfortable.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website in October and had a phone interview in early November. They said they were going to select three candidates to come in for a face to face and would call me regardless of the decision. They called back and invited me to Seattle the first week of December and arraigned for air, hotel, rental car and even sent me a visa gift card for meals while I was there.

I interviewed with a 6-7 person panel, then had several one on one interviews, then met with another 4 person panel over an entire day. The process was a tad long but it was well organized and combined tough job related questions with casual chit chat. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager asked if I had any questions and told me I would hear back by the end of December regardless of the decision. The manager called me back just after Christmas and told me they went with someone else and explained why. He asked if he could contact me in the future if anything came up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you have done in your current job outside of your normal duties to try and provide more value to your company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I interviewed at Weyerhaeuser in August 2014.

Interview

Received a message requesting an interview after I applied for a role. Replied to the message multiple times in an attempt to schedule an interview, but the contact never responded. Later received a generic email stating I wouldn't be considered for the role. Will not be applying for positions at Weyerhaeuser in the future.