Whataburger General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whataburger General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Whataburger

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

They want you to talk about how important people are, but the reality is they will look for you to talk about fiscal responsibility and sales building.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions like how to deal with a negative employee. Team leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for what you want based on your experience, they will usually pay it. Don't sell yourself short.

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

3 interviews with GM, AM, Regional Director of Operations. Interview will all Area Managers in the region. If they think you are ready then you will get the call.

Interview Questions

• Remain positive throughout. Just like any other interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiation. Heres the pay. Its good, so take it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

While everyone was professional, it was very disappointing and disconnected.

First, they advertised hiring GM, but realistic, they wanted a MIT. Here is my background, A Multi Unit Manager, I have also ran a Multi faceted family Entertainment center with more than 60,000 square feet, nearly 100 associates, 10 Managers, 4.5 million dollars in revenue with another 1 6 million in a QSR and yet I was told, running a 9,200 square feet facility with 65 employees would be too much, lol.

I mean, are you kidding me?

Then to be told after background, it could be as much as 1.5 to 2 months for a new training class to begin.

On a side note, I was offered a GM Level position in another family Entertainment center, and so please dont waste your time.

General Manager*** Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brenham, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Brenham, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Filled out the application at midnight one night and got a call the very next morning (Tuesday) at around 10:00AM to set up an interview. Interview was originally set for Thursday morning at 9:00AM. Lived 1.5 hours away, I drove that night after I got off work to my Boyfriends so I could spend the night and go straight to the interview then straight to work. I had work at 12 the next day. The very night I got to my Boyfriends they called (less than 12 hours before the interview) to reschedule. Things happen and I was okay with that, so was rescheduled to 9:30AM I had work again Friday at 12 - it was 1.5 hours from my work and it was estimated to take 30 minutes. So would have had some wiggle room, but not much.

Came Friday - 10 minutes early - I waited until 10:05 (was supposed to start at 9:30) before the interview started. As I was waiting I observed current staff members do the following: a female get up from eating in the dinning area and walk right behind the counter to dump fries in the fryer, season them, while another girl handed her a head set and then she passed it to someone else, that female that got up then served the fries in a to-go bag and sat back down. She did not wash her hands the entire time.
    Another staff member, a male, walked out from the restroom and was tucking in his shirt as he was walking behind the counter - did not wash his hands. Maybe he washed his hands in the restroom, but I would think they would do it after things like tucking in the bottom of a shirt into pants.

Several jobs were posted for this location, at the time, I had only saw the GM being advertised. It was false advertising. They were not hiring for that position. They were looking for Team Members (Cashiers) to work up (gradual pay raises from $8.50 to $10 per hour) to Assistant Manager positions. I make $12.75 per hour plus a quarterly bonus at my current job, they were estimating these raises on a review on some kind of monthly bases as long as I did well. I am not starting as a "Team Member", I am worth more than $8.50 an hour and I'm past Cashier level status. They wasted a couple hours of my time and after watching the staff, I have no intention of eating at that Whataburger too.

The 2 women I interviewed with were polite, but they should've just done a quick phone interview - it would've saved their time, my time, my gas, money, and the miles on my car (which wasn't their fault, but it was clear they had not reviewed my application at all).
    Essentially, the interview went well enough that if I was still interested I probably would've been made an official offer but I wasn't going to waste anymore of my time.

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger in September 2009.

Interview

3 man panel qustions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing