Whataburger Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whataburger Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Whataburger

2.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger in February 2019.

Interview

Very through probing, but enjoyable. first phone screen with HR. Within 3 days, 1-on-1 with Area Director. Referred me for 3rd 1-on-1 with regional. Exactly on 7th day was again phone screened by VP with deep probing questions. If applying for management as an external candidate with is less than 20 % on average, expect at least 3 (if not 4 interviews, including phone screens). All interviewers did ask some very good questions and made one feel comfortable. Answered any and all questions. Quick turn around time. Was most impressed with the structure of interviews and in a time bound manner. They do make their decisions pretty quick which helped me in not wasting time for other offers as well as mid of the road interviews with other companies.

Interview Questions

• background in food industry and questions based upon it !   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Painless and easy. Area manger completed interview with the GM for the location I was applying to. They both were very open about the hours expectations and operation. Their honesty and integrity makes this a company worth joining.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the store during a peak service period asked to sit at a bench directly in-front of the front counter. As I sat there I was able to observe their day to day business volume and make a decision as to or not to continue with the interview process. I was offered a drink while I waited

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a not so happy customer, what was the problem, how did you react and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2011.

Interview

The ibterview process was Long. It Took about an hour for each interview that was conducted. There are three interviews. One with a manager ,then a recruiter then an area manager.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (El Paso, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Started out as a team member so nothing hard in the interview. When got promoted i knew the area managers and general managers so i felt comfortable and the interview went out easy

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Went thru many different steps to get hired. Phone interview first. Took awhile to contact me but eventually got a face to face interview. Went through 3 different levels to get hired

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Quick and streamlined. Knew the decision shortly after the interview. Took about two days total for three interviews and an offer. They were very friendly and very accommodating throughout the entire process to schedule around my needs. We always met in a location after peak times to limit distractions, which I felt was thoughtful for myself, as well as the team in the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you broke a sales record?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Fayetteville, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

Was asked to interview at a specific time at a job fair. Waited for an hour. Met with the then Area manager. She excused her self to the restroom leaving me her notes and guide. Helping my self to them of course.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Denton, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It took too long to be set and when it did they sent me all over different places. I had 3 interviews and all about the same questions. They are a corporation so everything is very uptight and your answers should be as well. Very stressful..

Interview Questions

• How can you improve our company?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Four step interview process with several different members of the organization. They asked general/basic interview questions, e.g. what is your greatest strength? Six week manager in training program afterward.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to service 1,500 customers during the lunch period (11 a.m.-3 p.m.)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, dealt with the company recruiter.