Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whataburger

1.5

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger in November 2013.

Interview

it was alright I got interviewed then was called in about three days max, great general manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whataburger (Alvin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Took five visits to the store to talk to hiring manager for an interview. Took three weeks for me to get an answer if I was employed and get on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• I do not think I was ask any questions. I only filled out the paperwork.   1 Answer

I wanted more money , we comprimised.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger in February 2012.

Interview

Extremely simple and fast.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger in May 2012.

Interview

Applied in person; cashier handed me the form and a pen. Did not have any experience.
    Two days latter got a call saying they wanted to interview me. In the next hour. Bolted over there and met with one of the managers. Since I didn't have any experience she asked questions to get a feel of my personality. Easy and basic.

5 minutes latter I was hired. Started two days latter and and worked 11 hours for my first shift.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't any. Expected and was given minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Mesa, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick and simple. The normal "Have you ever..." questions. Really easy. Just dress nice, stay calm and make eye contact. SMILE. I had a friend not get the job ONLY because he didn't smile.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you caught another employee doing something they knew was wrong, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Magnolia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whataburger (Magnolia, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Everything started with me coming up to the front counter and asking for form. There were times, however, that we had to turn down requests for an application due to the fact that we ran out of forms. Luckily that did not happen for me. As I turned it in, I was told that I would get a call in a week. Unfortunately, I had to call the store back up after waiting two weeks (I was afraid of being annoying because it was my first job). It was about a month later when I got an interview. The general manager asked me questions involving balancing schoolwork with a job because at that time I was still in high school. He also asked questions over how dependable I was. These were logical questions that I answered to the best of my ability. A short time after, I was given a oversized, old, orange polo that I tucked in and I tried to make it look as nice as possible, because it reflects my pride. I never meant this to come out harsh because I loved working here, however, the hiring and interview process needed improvement. Perhaps it changed with Shannon being the new general manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online; received a call from GM within 2-3 weeks I believe. Came in for the interview and was asked to fill out a paper application as well. GM as well as other employees are really considerate and environment was very welcoming as far as fast food goes. Filled out paperwork within a few days after the interview and started working soon after that. The GM was very good about helping me out with scheduling my hours seeing as how I attend college and can only be a part-time worker. He seemed to value employees who are attending post-secondary educational institutions.

Some of the questions asked were usual, basic ones like, "If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?", "Tell me about yourself; any hobbies, other work, etc?" and "Why Whataburger?"

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

Sat down, he asked me previously to bring my phone. He took the customer survey to show me how he wanted employees to act and treat the customer to the highest satisfaction. Asked me if I had any previous experience. And even offered me a free drink.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Shreveport, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for all the Whataburgers in the area and received a call from 2 of them within 24 hours. The Interview was quick and simple; Describe yourself, your personality etc. A few questions and filled out the paperwork there. They then called an hour later to say my uniform was ready.