Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.6

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was a decent amount of time. I was hired on spot. All my questions were answered and it was a very professional interview. The manager seemed dedicated but had a slight accent that I couldn't really understand but he got a message across.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
  • What was one compliment and one complaint you have recieved?   Answer Question
  • What is the first thing do you think a customer expects?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Tuesday they call the same day for an interview the next afternoon the manager was nice and I wasn't even nervous with her at all she told me I could start the next day if I got my things

Anonymous Employee in Bridge City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Bridge City, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

General manager requested for me to be at the resturant around 9:00am one morning. Once there I informed an employee that I was there for an interview, general manager sat across from me asking what shifts I would want to work, and which position I'd want to work. I was hired on the spot, the following day I was to return to the resturant to start the training modules.

Interview Questions

• what shift I would want to work, and which position I'd want to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If your considering employment at a friendly skilled, and fun work environment, whataburger is right up your alley. At time of interview inform the manager giving the interview that you would like as many hours as possible.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whataburger (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online after calling the store to make sure they had positions open, and then called again a week later to check on the status of my application. I got an interview the next day. I arrived 10 minutes early prepared with me resume, paper, and a pen all in a professional looking folder. The GM was the one who interviewed me, a very kind man who really cared about his employees. Since I am in High School and participate in sports and Fine Arts, he expressed concern about if I was able to handle the workload, and was very willing to work around my schedule. When you show up, just be professional, kind, honest, and respectful. Due to being all these things I was hired on the spot. The entire interview lasted maybe half an hour because he liked me so much he just started talking about hiring me and what my schedule would be like and the responsibilities I would have, as well as the next steps for employment I had to take.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger (Arlington, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

She kept ignoring me and left me alone for over an hour waiting. She said that she'd be back in a few moments, but when she came back, she already clocked out and was leaving.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clanton, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Clanton, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I put in an application and two days later I went into Whataburger and asked about it. They told me to come in that next day for my interview. The day after that I was supposed to call them and instead I went in. The hiring manager didn't have time to check my application. So that next Monday (yesterday) I was supposed to call and see if I got the job the hiring manager left before I called. So I was told to call today at 2 I did that and she said I didn't get the job. So there's my story.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to buy a laptop how would you get the money without asking friends/family   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within 24 hours. While I had to wait long for the general manager to leave the office (20 minute wait for an interview), the interview itself was short and sweet. Manager let me know my expected wage upfront after asking me about my work experience, how I deal with customers, and the like. Not a nerve wracking experience at all, manager was very genuine and very kind.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

You fill out things online and the manager asks you about yourself if you're good with people what your future looks like at whataburger and asks of you have any questions

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Whataburger uses an online application system and contacts you via phone or email to schedule an interview. During the interview, they will ask you questions about previous job experiences, referrals, how you handled certain situations, personal questions, and what it means to get that job. After the interview, you complete a multi-step process online for permission, liability, and tax forms. once that is done, management gives you a start date for the job. It is a very fast process and takes at most 3 days to a week.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be a team member at Whataburger?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very exciting and the managers were nice and friendly but after awhile they started to I guess study you to see if you were a good candidate

Interview Questions

• Would you show up for a shift that your scheduled for?   1 Answer