Whelan Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.0

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whelan Security (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interviewers were polite;
    1. I remember to have taken seat in a small, but quite spacious room
    2. Two ladies, besides me shown-up
    3.The Interviewers were resourceful to everyone
    4. The Interviewers did not hesitate to be asked for questions

Interview Questions

• Why would You like to work for Whelean?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

In this line of work, there are constant opportunities for employment and advancement. The interview process went very smoothly and was relaxed, yet detailed. The initial interview was with a recruiter and a site employee, which helped weed out less/unqualified applicants. The second interview was a one on one with the project manager. It was a more in depth interview to narrow down selected candidates.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, and what can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. Met with the local leadership and then flew to St. Louis to meet with executive team. The first impression of the local branch was not a positive one, however, the challenge to improve the HR and recruiting processes was acceptable and the local team synergy seemed positive.

Armed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Interview went well, I interviewed with account manager Ed Coleman. I wasn't told that the contract was coming to an end however. I was required to buy my own handgun. I worked at the armed account for around 7 months. Another thing to keep in mind is their very conservative grooming policy. Visual appearance is more important than job performance to Whelan Security. Often times it's more about looking the part than doing the part.

Anonymous Employee in Labadie, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Labadie, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

A quick interview with HR and project manager. Very impressive first impression. We discussed my experience as a police officer and how long that I was experienced in security. The project manager is a former police officer so I felt comfortable with the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I like working at my current location   1 Answer
    • How well I liked my current Lead Officer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They took into consideration my experience as a police officer and with security and gave me a little more than the other officers.

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for a phone interview after one week and a video interview with the client the very next week. It's been 2 months and I haven't received a call whether I got the job or not. I called back and all they said was they were still interviewing candidates. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience managing sites in different locations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

The application and assessments are lengthy, but once you make it past the in-person interview then you can get to work quickly. You will first interview with HR in Oklahoma City. If it goes well then you will interview with the General Manager in Oklahoma City. You must then complete PEAK which is similar to CLEET training. You will then interview with several site supervisors to determine an ideal post for you. You are then issued uniforms, complete on-boarding, then start training.

Interview Questions

• How well do I handle stressful or quickly changing situations?   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. You fill out an online application. You go for your interview and if you are hired they will give you an online test which is basically a personality test

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whelan Security in January 2016.

Interview

It was not an overly formal process and all questions were very straightforward. I filled out a very long questionnaire (most people need more than one day) in an office, watched a customer service video and took a quiz on it, then read about company standards in the handbook. After the paperwork was completed (there's a lot!), I was fitted for a uniform.

Interview Questions

• How good would you consider your phone skills?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

Was contacted by Whelan representative while away on vacation. When I returned home I set up an interview. Interview was professional and well conducted. I accepted the offer. Have your resume in order and be prepared that's all.