Whelan Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Brookfield, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Called in, asked if I wanted the job! Told pay starting out was $11 hour with increase after 3 months. Asked if I could pass drug test, never given. Asked if I had a DL, I said "No", told not to share that as I would be required to drive.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass drug test?   2 Answers
    • If required, could you manipulate payroll to cover up OT issues, even at the expense of your employees?   1 Answer

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

called the next day i put in application. Set up interview for following week. went in for a interview got the job . drug test and background right after

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

That they give you a huge stack of papers to go threw but, the employees help you go threw all the papers at the interview. You'll need a drivers licence,social security card, and a birth certificate.

Interview Questions

• What would you in a situation where someone was drunk and coming threw your metal dector?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a person who is really dehydrated?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a women who has a purse that is too big that can't come into arrowhead stadium.   1 Answer
    • What are considered prohibited items that can't come into the stadiums, and what do we tell men who have a pocket knife at the metal detector?   1 Answer
    • What kind of shoes do you need to wear to work and what color do they need to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

That if the person that is being hired has a medical condition that requires that he/she need to have accommodation for their specific needs to talk to the future employee in private with the interviewer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview went fine. I interviewed for an Account Manager position which was given to a more qualified candidate. However, I was offered a job as a full time supervisor on first shift.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic questions regarding my background and my work experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the following day to come in for an interview. Interview was easy, it appeared as though they were going to offer me the position. I was then asked to review to company and they would bring me in for a second interview. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them they lied to me and told me they were setting something up and would contact me soon. I assume they were turned off when they asked about salary and I was $5000 above what they wanted to pay even though I stated I was very negotiable on salary. Whelan wants cheap bodies not experience, don't waste your time.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Englewood, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Met with site supervisor. Not really an interview. He talked to me briefly and showed me around the facility and told me he would call the office and let them know when come in for training. The only "interview" is at the main Whalen office in your area.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

In this line of work, there are constant opportunities for employment and advancement. The interview process went very smoothly and was relaxed, yet detailed. The initial interview was with a recruiter and a site employee, which helped weed out less/unqualified applicants. The second interview was a one on one with the project manager. It was a more in depth interview to narrow down selected candidates.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, and what can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whelan Security in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a recruiter position and set a day/time to speak. I stepped away from my desk/office which isn't easy in my environment to take the call. Waited 15 minutes with no call. Returned to my desk to message the recruiter to check-in/see if the call would be rescheduled. I could see on LinkedIn that the recruiter viewed my message shortly thereafter, but they never replied to me. I totally get things come up, or a position status can change by the minute. However, as a recruiter, being recruited by a recruiter, I would recommend responding to candidates in a situation likes this. If you got held up in a meeting, you had to pick up your sick child last minute, I get it; life happens. If I am not the one for the role, then I totally respect that, but a no call no show to a call is not the best representation of this company.

Interview Questions

• No questions were ask because the recruiter never called.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The first onsite interview was scheduled after a phone interview, a day or so after the interview was scheduled I received an email changing the location of the interview. Then a day or so from that I received another email changing the location again. First interview was painless - interviewed with a district manager. Scheduled for a second interview with the HR Manager at the company's physical location. The location is in a terrible part of town, the office was less than desirable and the manager was extremely sick with a cold. The interview was nothing short of a joke. The manager would make statements such as "as we've spoken about" and follow with topics we never once discussed in our 10 minute phone conversation from multiple weeks earlier. I felt lost, I either correct him that we've never spoken about these things and look like a jerk, or I play along and risk looking like an idiot.
    The company high extremely high turn over rates and requires recruiters to bring in an insane number of new people every week. Also when asked my salary requirement the manager told me it was within their range, but it was at the top end, the bottom end being several thousand dollars under what I asked for. I believe that was one of the deciding factors in my candidacy. I was never sent a declination. I would not have accepted the position if selected.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself as a salesperson?   1 Answer
    • Sell me on your previous company.   1 Answer

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whelan Security (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Moved through the applicant tracking system from prescreen to Online, assessments online followed by interview with HR Director to multiple 1:1 interviews with executive leadership, to offer based on outcome of drug screen, background checks, criminal background check and outside evaluation. Additionally met with other corporate departments to learn more about the company and culture. Overall very positive experience.