Whirlpool Corporation Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whirlpool Corporation Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cleveland, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions. Professional. Questions similar to any other interview. Typing assessment at the beginning. I would recommend looking over the STAR process online before doing an interview. Very informational.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Very good contact, good at returning calls and emails.

Interview Questions

• Questioned if my college would get in the way, if I was willing to continue on after my degree.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

They use the star method which would have been helpful in knowing what that was before going into the interview. They were not looking at what you know it was more how you answered the question which completely defeated the purpose of having experience.

S – Situation, background set the scene

T – Task or Target, specifics of what's required, when, where, who

A – Action, what you did, skills used, behaviours, characteristics

R – Result – Outcome, what happened

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above your manager.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation in May 2011.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was invited in for a meeting with the hiring manager. The manager asked me basic interview questions. Following the interview, I was brought to the back where a skills test was administered including a typing and following specific directions. After the assessment, I was called back with an offer. Overall, it was a smooth process to employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you has to utilize leadership skills to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cleveland, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy. Just need to type 35 wpm and have basic knowledge of computer skills

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from a staffing agency recruiter who worked for the Whirlpool division. She asked me if I could pass a drug test, some personality questions. and then what time I could come in the next day for the interview. So I went in the next day. I was greeted in the lobby, and asked to follow to a conference room. She asked me what previous experience I had in customer service, to name one instance where I went over and beyond what the previous customer service job entailed, what my average personality is like, if I can become easily frustated. Then she re-iterated the importance of passing the drug test, and because I had a late interview I would have to take the drug test the following day.

Afterwards I was led to a cubicle for a mock field test. I had a sheet of information to look over, with responses and technical information on a appliance. The interviewer then called me through the telephone pretending to be a angry customer and I had to weigh my options while stay calm and nice. I started laughing at one point and she took it very seriously. She later told me I did a decent job and not to worry about the laughing after I apologized for it.

The next day I drove to pharmacy where I picked up a kit from the employer for the drug test. Then drove to a hospital 20 minutes away from the employer to have it administered. A standard urine test administered by a doctor and shipped to a lab.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you went over and beyond what the previous customer service job entailed.   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work in the customer service field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation.

Interview

I was recruited by Aerotek and had a casual interview with them. They basically asked me what I was interested in and if I was interested in the job even though it had nothing to do with my degree. Later on I was sent an online typing test to determine accuracy and wpm. I then had an interview with 2 managers at Whirpool. It was also very casual. Mostly small talk, asking about my education and interests.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a set hourly position.