Whirlpool Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Customer Relations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cleveland, TN).

Interview

The team lead chooses who they want to
    Interview. A panel Holds the interview and "grades" your answers according to how they think you answered. Answers do not have to be true. Just make it up. Advice given was to practice answering questions from a handbook given to me as my job experience and qualifications play a minor role in getting offered the job.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clyde, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Clyde, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Learned about opportunity through employee. Set up a couple hour interview which consisted of a plant tour and two panel type interviews. Tour takes about 1/2 hour and the panel interviews combine for about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic questions about "tell us a situation when...". They are looking for personable people. Be friendly.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 1 hour interviews. Each person asked specific questions related to the competencies of the job. Each interview started with an intro of myself and my experiences.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions but they were all competency based questions where they wanted to understand the action and result accomplished.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cleveland, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions. Professional. Questions similar to any other interview. Typing assessment at the beginning. I would recommend looking over the STAR process online before doing an interview. Very informational.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one Skype interview (due to snow storm)
    I was offered the job during my Skype interview. If you want the job, ask for it at the end of the interview. This internship is preparing you for a sales role, they want to make sure you can close the sale.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were behavioral..."tell me about a time you led a team to success..."
      They seemed to like when I talked about the company values and why I wanted to work for them. I also talked about how I always wanted to live near Lake Michigan (they ate that up)
      Answer Question

Checking the Products Before Shipping Out Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview was doing over the phone. The second interview is to meet the manager and explain the rules and the regulation of this company also talks about other competitor what we have to do to be always the number one at there. After that the set a day to go work in the entire building to see the environment.

Interview Questions

• why do I apply to whirlpool, why do I choose to be here to be part of the family.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much because I was really in need, therefore there is not much I can negotiate.

Human Resources Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation.

Interview

Recruiter screening call, recruiter set up interview with 6 one-person interviews onsite at Whirlpool headerquarters. Interviews went from mid-morning into the afternoon. It took quite some time for an answer of any kind.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a large team of type-A personalities if we make conflicting requests?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation.

Interview

As part of an internship before my senior year, I interviewed with the intern manager/recruiter. They were typical behavioral type questions. I'm not sure how the manager liked me since earlier in the summer I (even after reading the emails multiple times) didn't follow their directions exactly.

Engineer Interview

Interview

HR screening interview first, wait for about 2 weeks, then a phone interview from the hiring manager. HR interview asked questions about visa status, project preference, available time to start the job and the pay range for the position. The phone interview from the hiring managers asked questions mainly based on the resume. Get familiar with your own resume before the phone call will be fine. Get an onsite interview after about 2 weeks. I will set the answer to the following question to "Yes, and I accepted" to submit although I haven't finished the onsite interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What's the most exciting part in your study at XYZ University?   Answer Question

Global Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Saint Joseph, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with an phone interview which was the basic behavior background scan and asked about my studies at my school. Then they flew me in with a few other students and interviewed us all. Many of the questions were related to the STAR (Situation, task, action and result).

The next day, I was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a minority.   Answer Question