Whitbread Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.5

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview process: 1st with head of IT and Programme Manager which included the presentation on a topic given to you at your arrival and 2nd again with Programme Manager of specific vertical.

Interview Questions

• Why Whitbread? What's in it for you?   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited me for an interview in their Dunstable offices, very friendly and great environment. At the beginning they asked some competency based questions and then allowed me to ask questions regarding the role.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview followed by a one to one ,then a work trial with a guy who does the job , I was left in a kitchen with a rude unqualified chef , while the kitchen manager sat outside smoking. Didn't even speak to me.

Grill Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread (Gillingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke on phone arranged to to sit a interview ... arrange to do a Ocj ( trial shift -paid if successful ) sit down with Gm do contract ( little chat )

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the food or do you wanna do fine dining   1 Answer

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whitbread (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Informal, tick box excerise in trying to fit the behaviours. Nothing hard about the whole experience and had a job offer on the same day . Just be yourself

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Luton, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage consisted of submitting your CV and completing a short situational judgement test.

I then got invited for a short, informal telephone interview, questions were straightforward (why finance/internship? Why Whitbread), but was already given the impression at this point that I had made it through to the assessment centre -I don't think many people had applied.

They had invited four candidates to my assessment day, and four to a second one. They were hiring four interns, so your chances are quite good. The night before they put us in a Premier Inn hotel and there was a dinner with some members of the recruitment team. It was very informal and quite relaxed.

The assessment centre itself consisted of one individual interview, a group assignment and two individual assignments. The individual interview was relatively easy, the individual assignments are quite difficult.

I got a call one week later telling me they were not offering me an internship. I was promised feedback, but never received anything.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for position advertised on Whitbreed Careers website. They called me the next day and the interview was arranged for a few days after. Interview was informative, first they spoke a lot about the company and explained the role in detail. This was followed by a combination of thorough discussion of my CV and standard interview questions (including weakness and strength, where do you see yourself in 5 years time, etc). Took about an hour in total.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview covering my background, then technical face to face interview with two Enterprise architects at the Holborn office in London finally a presentation at head office in Dunstable to an Enterprise Architect and HR .

Information Systems Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone conversation with the recruitment team, followed by an hour long Skype interview. Extremely friendly people who interview you at this stage and feels more like a long chat. Was asked about my background and interests, alongside my knowledge of technology in a general sense.

I was then invited to an assessment center, the only one they were running for this one position. Chatted with a few senior staff and a couple of the new graduates, all very friendly people who enjoyed working there. The day for me first involved a 2 - 1 interview, highly competency based. They really drilled into my psyche wanting to know what deep down motivates me etc. Then was a case study that we had 20 minutes to prepare in the morning, and then take part in a mock meeting to talk through your findings and recommendations. Lastly was a group exercise involving a lego model we had to recreate that only one person could view.

Overall a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What's your main driver? What gets you out of bed in the morning?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had 1 phone interview and one face to face interview with the recruiter and then a face to face interview with HR and one other. Lovely people and very positive about the company and what they were looking for. Great communication after the interview. Interviewers were relaxed and made the interview conversational. Turned down a higher paying role to accept this one due to the impression made by the interviewere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were done by the recruiter.