White House Black Market Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White House Black Market Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

interview in person with a store manager, phone interview with district manager, easy, was more like a conversation. Would be nice if they tell you more about what to expect. What will be the expectations and what if you are not meeting them. Instead of that they are waiting till you are hired already and it's too late.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for White House Black Market

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial interview very short and to the point. Make sure that you have done research on the company after you apply.

Second interview focused on strengths and weakness. Be prepared to explain both and how you can overcome weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a team environment or independently.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White House Black Market in October 2014.

Interview

For this type of position the process I went through was a little extreme, four interviews over a month. The offer for the position was low for the position and level of experience.

Interview Questions

• The usual for a corporate store. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, intense background and iq test. I recommend creating an impressive resume and be prepared with a variety of examples of former success. Experience is a must! This is an upscale company and you should present yourself as a professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your time as a selling manager while completing operations/ metrics and meeting deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

Great interview process. Covered all details of the job to make sure I was qualified. Discussed sales expectations and answered questions to make sure I was able to handle commission based sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiable. Due to experience I was able to increase my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Novi, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

for Management you start with store Manager and then go to interviewing with the District Manager. My situation was unique because I was recruited by the Store Manager so it was all for WHBM records. The position was offered before I interviewed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Gainesville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The call back process was very fast. I applied online and then showed up in store the next day with my resume and they interviewed me within two days. I was scheduled to have a follow up phone interview with the District Manager within the next two days and they followed through.

Interview Questions

• From the district manager: What is something your associates would say you need to improve upon?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

Tried to apply in-person at another store and the Manager took one look at my resume and told me to apply online tonight because another location has an ASM opening. She even called the other store right in front of me to confirm that. The online application was a very long process with an IQ test and personality test that took forever. I followed up the next business day with a phone call to the store and spoke to the Store Manager because I knew they had already started interviewing and 2nd interviewing when I applied. She pulled my application, asked me why I was applying and why I wanted to leave my current position and about my responsibilities there, then asked me to come in for an interview the next day. Dress sophisticated and fashion-forward, this is not the interview to wear a suit set and button-down. It helps to look at the website the night before to scope the outfits because they WILL ask you to pull outfits for a scenario. I was given 3 scenarios: A weekend in Vegas, A gala, and an outfit that represented my personal style. You have 10 minutes, then you'll have to explain your choices.

I was interviewed on the sales floor because the other ASM was running late and we couldn't leave the floor. She didn't ask me anything out of the ordinary. Asked more about my current position and duties and related her experience as well. She told me candidly that they also don't pay as much as I currently made. The whole process took maybe 30 minutes including the styling scenario. I got a good vibe from her and she seemed to really like my presence and attitude, and could relate to why I wanted to leave my current job.

She said they'd set up a second phone interview with another Store Manager, could be as early as the same day or a week...very vague. I still have not received a second call and am thinking they might've already filled the position.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

Was recruited by the store manager. When I went to interview with her I also interviewed with one of her Assistant Store Managers and another Store Manger. They were all very nice and the interview was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my previous sales experience. What our goals were for conversion, SPH and weekly sales goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Buffalo, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Manager was unprepared and interviewed me on the sales floor! This made me very uncomfortable and hard to concentrate. I have 26 yrs of management & this blew me away! Not only did this manager talk to me while her eyes were on the customers, she was rocking from foot to foot! Did she need a potty break? Fitting room area was TRASHED! Shoes, garbage from shoe boxes & clothes all over! Rolling rack was toppled with clothes! Very poor presentation for such a high scale expensive boutique. White House: You lost a good perspective due to poor store management!

Interview Questions

• She expected me to "Roll Play" with her about a worker who was not performing. How could I concentrate on this while being interviewed on the sales floor while her eyes are watching people entering the store!   Answer Question

Because I am not starting as a sales associate. I am a da*n good sales person & manager but she failed to see this because she could not concentrate on me!