White House Black Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White House Black Market Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I heard the position was available at a store near me, so I applied online. I went through two different interviews. The first was with the Assistant Manager and the second was with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous sales experience has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

During this interview process i was interviewed by the District Manager and not the Store Manager. It was actually a pretty relaxing interview it came off more as a conversation which was helpful because everyone knows interviews can be a bit nerveracking.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to work with White House Black Market?   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

After an online personality assessment, I met the with the store manager and then an assistant store manager. Both were very laid back and friendly and in both cases we chatted for a while. It was mainly about being able to interact confidently, having an interest in fashion and the company, and being capable of process oriented thinking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict with a manager/coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at two different locations. I was warmly welcomed at one store and there were multiple associates on the floor. Other store only had 2 people on the floor and later found out that they were the only 2 working that afternoon so the interview was a bit abrupt.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions at either. More of a conversation, especially at the first location. The "tell me about yourself" question was the first question at both locations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Boise, ID).

Interview

The store manager and I went into one of the empty dressing rooms and she asked me a few questions about my background and experience. She then asked me to put an outfit together and gave me a tip to not grab anything on sale.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any plans to want to become a manger in the future?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

In person interview with District Manager, and phone interview with Regional Director. They look for a detailed break down of your experience, volume of stores you've managed, and they gauge your business acumen and KPI knowledge

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Worcester, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Waste of time. The person who interviewed me told me that the position I apply was never available, that they sometimes do that so they can have a database "in case" they would have an open position in the future.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

When the DM called me to schedule a phone interview after I applied online, she started peppering me with questions immediately. I was completely unprepared and not in a position to have a lengthy conversation at that moment. When we did have our actual phone interview a few days later, she did not even start off by asking anything about my experience. The first thing she asked was, "What questions do you have for me?" It seemed very awkward and out of order. Most questions that a candidate has about a company or position can be answered during the course of conversation. Otherwise, time should be allowed at the end to open up for them. The DM seemed incredibly distracted the entire time we were speaking, which made me uncomfortable. There was a lot of awkward silence after I finished answering her questions. I was really glad when the interview was over, as I certainly did not want to work for her.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult feedback that you have had to deliver?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position of sales lead at black house white market, it was roughly I would say a 2 week process. I applied at the end of the week right before a major holiday time so I wasn't expecting to get any call backs/emails until after the holidays but I got a call while I was out and had an over the phone interview and after talking about my prior work history and answering a few other questions I was called in the next day for an in person interview. After the holiday I got another call to set up an over the phone interview with the district manager and that's where I currently am right now. The store manager was very friendly, and made me feel very comfortable and it didn't seem like an interview, more like I was talking amongst a peer or non-superior which I really enjoyed because it made it seem as though my opinion would matter if taking on the position, as opposed to prior interview experiences with people giving the interview being very snobby and/or stand-offish. After another brief interview session, I was asked to come in, I was given an event ultimatum and was told to pick out outfits for each scenario and to explain my choices which was so fun for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for White House black market, and can you tell me about your retail experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me how your prior job experience qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you elaborate on your extra curriculum activities? (Because I had prior seminar/styling classes in fashion while in between high school and college up NY that I put on my resume)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Called in for interview with a assistant manager, then afterward had a follow up interview with the manager. Hired on the spot. Was given my time slots and my schedule that same day. Overall great experience.