White House Black Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White House Black Market Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.0

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

When the DM called me to schedule a phone interview after I applied online, she started peppering me with questions immediately. I was completely unprepared and not in a position to have a lengthy conversation at that moment. When we did have our actual phone interview a few days later, she did not even start off by asking anything about my experience. The first thing she asked was, "What questions do you have for me?" It seemed very awkward and out of order. Most questions that a candidate has about a company or position can be answered during the course of conversation. Otherwise, time should be allowed at the end to open up for them. The DM seemed incredibly distracted the entire time we were speaking, which made me uncomfortable. There was a lot of awkward silence after I finished answering her questions. I was really glad when the interview was over, as I certainly did not want to work for her.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult feedback that you have had to deliver?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position of sales lead at black house white market, it was roughly I would say a 2 week process. I applied at the end of the week right before a major holiday time so I wasn't expecting to get any call backs/emails until after the holidays but I got a call while I was out and had an over the phone interview and after talking about my prior work history and answering a few other questions I was called in the next day for an in person interview. After the holiday I got another call to set up an over the phone interview with the district manager and that's where I currently am right now. The store manager was very friendly, and made me feel very comfortable and it didn't seem like an interview, more like I was talking amongst a peer or non-superior which I really enjoyed because it made it seem as though my opinion would matter if taking on the position, as opposed to prior interview experiences with people giving the interview being very snobby and/or stand-offish. After another brief interview session, I was asked to come in, I was given an event ultimatum and was told to pick out outfits for each scenario and to explain my choices which was so fun for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for White House black market, and can you tell me about your retail experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me how your prior job experience qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you elaborate on your extra curriculum activities? (Because I had prior seminar/styling classes in fashion while in between high school and college up NY that I put on my resume)   Answer Question

Personal Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I met the hiring manager in person before applying for the job. Then, I applied online. The online application was very long, almost 15 pages. I honestly do not think it was necessary to answer all of those questions for a minimum wage position.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Durham, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Sat with Store Manager and discussed duties of the job and expectations. She described the typical day, and how the team works together to accomplish sales goals. She said it is important to be on time and on schedule.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White House Black Market (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very easy and super laid back. I really felt like there was no pressure at all! The hiring manager already knew my mom because she is a frequent shopper, so she was really nice to me in person.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us a little about yourself?"   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Lake Grove, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview the next day. When I got there, I was introduced to everyone in the store, and basically already knew that she wanted me to work there. She sat me down outside the store and just asked me about my past work experience. When she was done with that, she asked me if I had any specific characteristics that could make me stand out as a good candidate. We talked about what she expected out of her employees and that flexibility in hours was extremely important. She showed me the rate ($9.40/hr) and I accepted--to a broke college student, it's better than nothing.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult you overcame at your last job?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you could bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • How committed are you to improving the image of the company?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I filled out the application online. A couple days later I was called in for an interview. The interview was not difficult. Questions are pretty much expected. Most had to do with situations in previous work experience. I was offered a part time position the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with at your previous job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back to set up the interview the same day I completed the application. I was 30mins early to my interview but had to wait for the other candidate to arrive. The first step of the interview process she had us coordinate 3 different for 3 different occasions incorporating the same piece (of your choice) in each outfit. This part was fairly easy for me and was very fun. Afterwards she had us come to the back for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of woman do you think the company represents?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • What is a time where you've encountered a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starts you off at $10.50/hr, no negotiations but bonuses are included. Always room for raises and growth in position.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview went well. I was told that I did not have to come back for a second interview and that I would be contacted in 2 days. However, I was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking into employment here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Norfolk, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The store manager forgot about my interview so she rushed through the entire thing. She took me into the back room and asked me about my previous job then asked me to put together two outfits for a lawyer who wanted something for a night out and something for the courtroom.