White House Black Market Merchandise Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White House Black Market (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by WHBM by a member of their recruiting team. I had a couple of phone interviews with HR and they asked me to come to Florida for interviews, which they paid for my travel. I spent probably 6 hours interviewing and having lunch with probably 6 different members of the HR, Merchandising and Planning teams. They were typical interviews... some were more of an open discussion, but a few of the people asked the "situational" type interview questions. In my opinion, it went very well. They even arranged for me to meet with a local realtor afterwards to view different areas of Ft. Myers. I was convinced that they would make an offer that week. I sent the typical thank you notes & then reached out to HR about a week later & then maybe one week after that. I never heard from them again! I never received any feedback, no courtesy call to say they went with another candidate either. I have impeccable references, 8 years of Planning experience, a college degree, I presented myself very well (dressed head to toe in White House Black Market), and have perfect credit/no arrest record (since they conducted a background check). I have no idea what happened, but I am still angry and appalled at the whole experience.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember any of the interview questions, but they were very average.   Answer Question