White Lodging Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

White Lodging Interview Questions in Austin, TX

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Was very quick and I was hired on the spot. I interviewed with the AGM and asked about my background and experience. We talked about the company and what to look forward to.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for 1 year   1 Answer

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very long and detailed interview process. They were very good about communicating with me through out the process and informing me of the next steps. They asked a lot of great questions which made me feel like they were doing their job to find the right person.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my work experience as well as personal life (going as far back as elementary school).   Answer Question

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview with one of the front desk managers was well handled and very professional. It was a very casual sit down chat with the hiring process so nothing too drastic or demanding. He didn't require a resume before hand but I still gave one to be safe.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I was leaving my past job and if there was any expectations I was looking for in the hospitality industry.   Answer Question

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair. I met the front desk manager at the job fair. I had a very successful meeting. If I'd know it was a white lodging property I would have run away screaming. They were very nice, had great experience. I later met with the Front Office Manager. They asked the standard customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

This was for a Fairfield location. Half hour interview with Assistant General Manager. He asked basic questions, nothing hard. Once that interview was done & they think you're worthy enough to be an employee, they make you take an assessment online (Strongly Agree, Agree, Neither, Disagree, Strongly Disagree). They say its not graded (but truly it is). Once the actual General Manager gets your scores, they do a follow up interview (which only lasted 15 minutes, maybe less) and gives you the option of completing a drug test either that same day or during the next couple days. Tried negotiating pay, but 10.50 was the set pay. Waited a week after the drug test & started working. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me about yourself.
      2)Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work & how did you resolve it.
      3)What made you apply for this company?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

He said they usually start off people at 10.00 but since I have customer service experience they'd start me at 10.50. I'm sure they could of done better & I tried to make it at least 11.00, but that was a negative.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was brief. I sat down with the Director of HR and ran through a few basic questions. After the brief questioning process was over, we toured the hotel and its facilities. In less than two hours I received a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do feel the hospitality industry is for you? Do you feel you are a team player?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Required an initial screening with a Front Desk Manager and then a follow up screening by the Front Office manager. The process truthfully took more than 20 minutes all together. After the interview they required a background check and drug screening as well as the completion of a divine test (personality test to see where I'd best fit in the hotel). Once they received these results I received a job offer after one week.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to hotels?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Essentially you are pre screened and then you are sent two assessments to take. One of the assessments is a critical thinking test, the other is a personality test. Once you complete and pass, you are scheduled for what they call a top grade. It is a 3 hour interview. If you do not know what a top grade is, google it