White Ops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at White Ops

2.8

PeopleOps Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at White Ops (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I had 1:1 time with team mates on the team and across the company. They really try to understand who you are and what you care about. They spend less time focused on what you do and your skills; instead they embed some questions along the interview process that give them a glimpse into understanding whether you know what you're talking about and have the skills for the role. This is the first time where I've seen a company focus so heavily on me as a person, which is the way a great company can recruit great people. You can teach skills but you can't teach attitude and authenticity. I felt they did a great job getting to the heart of who I am as a person, not just an employee.

Intel Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White Ops (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening with Virginia in HR, who is awesome. Subsequently, there were two in-person interviews the main interview day was at HQ in NY and included three 45 minute interviews. I was asked technical skill and culture related questions as well as provided with more information about the company.

Interview Questions

• We went over my resume and discussed the the different projects I worked on and skills used/acquired.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Ops in May 2018.

Interview

Had a call with the recruiter who was really nice. She set up a one on one interview with the hiring manager over Skype. That went ok, but I wish companies would stop the impersonal Skype interviews over just an in-person. Everything from body language to eye contact is lost in translation. I never heard back from them after the Skype interview so I'm assuming they passed on me. A follow-up would've made the experience better.

I took a look at their careers page and it looks like they are still trying to fill the same role. There is definitely some bottleneck in terms of hiring at this company and they've probably wasted potential candidates time (people who, just like me, have bills to pay).

Interview Questions

• general questions about software development, team sizes, how I work   1 Answer

White Ops Response

Sep 21, 2018

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience interviewing for this role. We typically don't use Skype and we make sure to reach out to every candidate within 24 hours after an... More

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Ops (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and quick. Screening call to start and in-person interview set immediately after. Day of session was three different 30 min interviews. Overall, they were kind and got to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked about how many technical things I've worked on.   1 Answer

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Ops (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

My first call was with the company’s recruiter and he shared information regarding the role and inquired about my current role along with any other relevant experience. He informed me of next steps and shortly after scheduled my call with the representative from an outsourced IT company. During my second call with the IT representative, I was asked questions regarding my previous experience and familiarity with specific platforms.

Shortly after, I was invited to come on site and interview with three different engineers. Their office was beautiful and the staff was friendly and polite. They were easy going people who were engaged in every one of my responses and showed genuine interest in what I had to say. My final interview was with another engineer via video conference and he was just as personable as everyone I’d met before him.

This team is wonderful and you can sense that each and every one of them is happy with their role and very welcoming of the next potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would troubleshoot a browser window that will not launch? What steps would you take?   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Ops (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick phone screen prior to an on site where I got to meet a lot of people - about 6 in total. The team I met was diverse, human, friendly, and easy to talk with. They did a great job making me feel comfortable, and their process felt natural - they had a shared goal, but not so much process that I didn't get individuality from interviewers. They were candid and honest about their current state as an engineering org. I was extremely impressed by everyone I met and I left the office really encouraged! Unfortunately their salary offer was off by about 50-60k from the other companies I spoke with at the time, but I would absolutely give them another shot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you might help us with deployment of our products.   Answer Question

QA Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at White Ops (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple. The interviewer started with some background questions and then moved on to discuss about my project and work experience. Then, I was asked some HR related questions and that's it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White Ops.

Interview

I had a 20 minute call with somebody to explain the company and talk about my background.
    At the end the interviewer told me he was going to send me an online test to complete.
    He never got back to me, although I sent him 3 follow up emails in the following weeks.