White & Case Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White & Case (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied at White & Case online and interviewed on the phone and then in person at their D.C. office. The overall process took one month and I accepted an offer. The interview process was average but you definitely have to be prepared, know what the position requires and how your skills fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for White & Case

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

Process took 4 months. Applied throught the university and it was the standard procedure. Had to go thru three interview rounds with associates. One was on skype the other in person. They want to make sure you understand the long hours and administrative nature of the job

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

I sent in my application, and soon scheduled a "meet up" with the director of legal assistants. The interview went on for about an hour, but it was more of a conversation than anything. The whole process was about 8 weeks for me, and the director did not get back to me with the rejection until weeks later which was pretty inconsiderate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY).

Interview

Invited for 2 rounds of interviews. First was brief with HR coordinator and paralegals coordinator. Questions were detailed and pointed, but fair.

Second round was interviewed by a paralegal and partner in the group. Partner seemed very disinterested and informal, didn't really seem to have any interest in conducting the interview.

Took a writing test, though and was sent a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a blessing in disguise, the environment was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you knew that you were not going to meet a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

It was a very efficient process, and generally pleasant - but a little impersonal. I think the whole thing took roughly 4 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and all 3 Lawyers I'd be assisting. Finally, I performed a written assessment. There was no follow-up in the end.

Interview Questions

• For the written assessment: Describe a time you faced an ethical dilemma. What was it, and how did you resolve things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

People were generally very nice. Some of the questions I didn't expect, like "did you ever ask for an extension on an assignment"? and "what do you think you'll be doing as a legal assistant?" After I interviewed with one woman, I went into the office of another and talked with her briefly one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview went great, the panel interview was weird - It consisted of two guys sitting on opposite sides of the room mostly talking about their personal education (which was not even legal related - talking about how they wanted to be actors) peppered with a few questions that did not seem job related at all. They did not talk about the perks or benefits of the company or really anything related to the company. The interview was held in one of their offices which had papers everywhere and had a very unprofessional feel. I left knowing there would be no job offer as the job interview itself was so confusing.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

This was for their Paris office, so I interviewed over Skype with a legal assistant at that office (recent college grad as well). Questions were pretty straight forward - did ask me one random question to test my French, which caught me a bit off guard. I was very frustrated, however, by the fact that they told me they would be get back to me in early January, and they never contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job. I even emailed the person I interviewed with to followup in mid-January -- no response! I was really irritated by the lack of basic courtesy.