White & Case Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White & Case Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at White & Case

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at White & Case (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening to make sure you understand the responsibilities of the job. The next step was an in-person panel interview . Definitely come prepared, but it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for White & Case

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White & Case (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied at White & Case online and interviewed on the phone and then in person at their D.C. office. The overall process took one month and I accepted an offer. The interview process was average but you definitely have to be prepared, know what the position requires and how your skills fit.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

Process took 4 months. Applied throught the university and it was the standard procedure. Had to go thru three interview rounds with associates. One was on skype the other in person. They want to make sure you understand the long hours and administrative nature of the job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

1st round phone, 2nd round NYC,
    Submitted application via school portal, contacted for interview within 1 week

Most challenging experience in your life? Would you recommend x institution? Personal attributes? Aware of the position requirements?

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

I sent in my application, and soon scheduled a "meet up" with the director of legal assistants. The interview went on for about an hour, but it was more of a conversation than anything. The whole process was about 8 weeks for me, and the director did not get back to me with the rejection until weeks later which was pretty inconsiderate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY).

Interview

Invited for 2 rounds of interviews. First was brief with HR coordinator and paralegals coordinator. Questions were detailed and pointed, but fair.

Second round was interviewed by a paralegal and partner in the group. Partner seemed very disinterested and informal, didn't really seem to have any interest in conducting the interview.

Took a writing test, though and was sent a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a blessing in disguise, the environment was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you knew that you were not going to meet a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White & Case.

Interview

It was a very efficient process, and generally pleasant - but a little impersonal. I think the whole thing took roughly 4 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and all 3 Lawyers I'd be assisting. Finally, I performed a written assessment. There was no follow-up in the end.

Interview Questions

• For the written assessment: Describe a time you faced an ethical dilemma. What was it, and how did you resolve things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

People were generally very nice. Some of the questions I didn't expect, like "did you ever ask for an extension on an assignment"? and "what do you think you'll be doing as a legal assistant?" After I interviewed with one woman, I went into the office of another and talked with her briefly one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at White & Case (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview went great, the panel interview was weird - It consisted of two guys sitting on opposite sides of the room mostly talking about their personal education (which was not even legal related - talking about how they wanted to be actors) peppered with a few questions that did not seem job related at all. They did not talk about the perks or benefits of the company or really anything related to the company. The interview was held in one of their offices which had papers everywhere and had a very unprofessional feel. I left knowing there would be no job offer as the job interview itself was so confusing.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at White & Case (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was very friendly. I interviewed with the managers then with some attorneys. Very standard and fair questions regarding Resume/CV and previous experience. The environment was laid back and I didn't feel too stressed as everyone was very nice and personable. They explain what is expected and emphasized that the job is demanding with long hours to make sure I was prepared. They were very honest and very reliable.