Whitepages Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whitepages Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Interviews at Whitepages

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied at the careers webpage and two weeks later, I got an email from the HR team, asking me to take an online test. The online test comprised of an online challenge, which I solved. After a week, the HR contacted me to schedule a Skype Interview with a couple of its Engineers. But the immediate next day, I got an email saying the position had been filled and they could not move on with me in the application process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whitepages

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whitepages in November 2014.

Interview

I applied to Whitepages through LinkedIn and got a call. I was asked to complete an online coding challenge. Test cases were made to run and my code passed all the test cases. I expected to make it to the next round since my code passed all test cases. A week later, I got a reject via email. No skill test or no phone interview took place.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitepages in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Whitepages through a recruiter with my resume. Afterwards, I was asked to complete an online coding challenge. Waited a couple weeks after my submission and told me I made it to the next round. Had two technical phone interviews. For each interview, asked some technical CS questions and gave a programming problem at the end. I thought I did well in the second interview, but I received an email one week later saying they were not moving on with my application. Overall experience was fine. Interviewers were friendly and cordial.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

Arrayhopper question over HackerRank before an interview with anyone. I was told that some of "their" test cases didn't pass my code and I was rejected. After a long time I was given their test cases and what I found was that their interpretation of the problem is different from mine. Remember, you can only print out indices that you can actually go to, not ones you consider going to. So, if the test case is [2 0], you output "0, out" and NOT "0, 2, out" even though you considered the value 2. You can ONLY output indices which is not very clear based on the problem statement. In that case, you can't go to 2, but you do consider it, so it's only "0, out." You can go "beyond the array" with only considering 2. Most of the misinterpretations stem from " Once you can legally hop beyond the last array element, you have successfully traversed the array." What does beyond the last array element mean? It doesn't mean simply the last array element like a real ArrayHopper question, but actually arraysize+1. Also what brings up confusion is "If there is no solution, the program should write the string “failure” to the standard output stream, followed by a newline character." Well, what exactly is no solution? If it gets stuck? If you can't reach arraysize+1? The company is setting up software engineers for failure by not providing all of the test cases on HackerRank at compilation time. There are too many possibilities and it is difficult when only one example in the problem statement and two example test cases are actually given. Also keep note that if you click "run code" twice, you get all 15 test cases and not just the two sample ones. I failed too many test cases because I didn't understand the index issue and was rejected. "Performance is paramount for our company" and so on. Well, if you made the problem more clear I would have passed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

One coding challenge, two phone interviews and finally onsite. The interviewers were really nice and they wanted to know how you think and solve a problem, thus the questions were focusing on some fundamental concepts in CS and some open-end problems. The experience of the interview was really positive, it was like discussing with colleagues to solve a given problem.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implement a function which the input is the definition of a circle on a 2-D plane and return a random point on the circumference. How to test it to make sure it is correct?
      2. Questions about Linux.
      3. Data structure to implement database index.
      4. Questions about concurrency and critical section.
      5. OSI model. How does Google handle user's query to return the most relevant websites or answers.
      6. Design a library to read configuration and set up other applications.
      7. Algorithm question about tree structure and sorting.   Answer Question

decide to work in another state.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

First round was an online coding challenge on HackerRank. I can't disclose the questions as I signed an NDA. I passed the online test so two technical rounds were scheduled. Unfortunately I had an accident and was on bed rest for the next two months. When I recovered enough to take the interviews and requested the HR for interview dates I received a mail saying they had moved on with other candidates, I was disappointed with their response. Even though they were supportive during my recovery I didn't understand their reasons for not continuing the application process.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback on your experience with our interview process.

First of all, I hope that you have since recovered from your accident. Unfortunately, it... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial coding challenge followed by phone interview with tech recruiter

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

I didn't like the interview process because they asked a programming question on phone without using any online editor or programming tool . Interviewer explained the question on phone and asked me to answer the question on phone. Firstly I didn't understand the question and by the time I understood the time was running out and was about to finish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitepages (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online to whitepages for new grad software developer. Got an online coding test for the same. Solved the questions and passed all the test cases. Still got a reject for the same

Interview Questions

• Given an array of non-negative integers, you are initially positioned at the first index of the array.

Each element in the array represents your maximum jump length at that position.

Determine if you are able to reach the last index.   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback on our interview process. Our engineering team reviews coding challenges based on multiple factors. While passing the test cases is important, our team also... More

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got Hacker-rank challenge after few days. I was asked to finish it within 5 days. I got an e-mail saying my profile does not match with their requirements after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Same question as everyone else is getting   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi,

We appreciate you sharing your insight on our recruiting process. While we did not move forward with your application this time, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future roles. Please... More