Whiting-Turner Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whiting-Turner Intern Interview Questions

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were three interviewers and they went into different rooms. You will only soeak to two. First, you go in and speak with one for about 30 minutes and then speak with the second for the same amount of time. The interview was fairly informal and ended up being more of a conversation about yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whiting-Turner

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Vice President of the Houston division at a career fair for my school. It went very well and had a genuine conversation about personal character and goals.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Whiting -Turner came to my school and I met with them there initially at a career fair. They had a meet and greet a couple weeks after. Finally I interviewed the day after and got the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Talked to two guys. Both were pretty laid back. They talked about the company and asked what my goals are position wise. They asked for current GPA. They also noted that in most cases they offer full time jobs for interns which is a great asset and good motivation to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (College Park, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through my university career center and was contacted a few days later to schedule an on-campus interview. The interview was one-on-one, and the interviewer was very friendly. Afterward, I sent a thank-you email and was told to expect to hear back within a few weeks, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Why are you interested in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Allentown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview after meeting them at a career fair. I was interviewed by two people who were very friendly, who asked normal questions like why do you want to work in construction, why did you choose Whiting-Turner, etc. They are really looking for people that are enthusiastic about construction because that is the kind of company they are. Everybody loves what they do and everyone works hard.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through my university's career services and it lasted about twenty minutes. The interviewer and I went through my resume and he asked me questions based off of my experiences. Overall, it was pretty low pressure and the interviewer did not surprise me with anything

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you positively worked with a group.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Not too formal. They did a good job in keeping the interview comfortable and were very open to the interviewees thoughts about the company. The whole process was very timely. They seem to have the whole intern hiring process figured out at this point. I would suggest doing your research on the company before going into the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

They came to my school to recruit. I had one interview with 2 project managers. The gave me a call a few days later and said they would like me to spend the summer with them. The whole process was very informal which was a relief. Other companies make you interview with HR reps which can be a draw back.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding ethics. This is a strong point of the company and they want to make sure the people they bring onboard have the same values.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview

I spoke to the representatives at the WT booth at my college's career fair. No on-campus interview (for interns at least). I received an email about a week later from a VP who was interested in offering me an internship. We set up a time to talk on the phone within a couple days after that. Very standard questions.

Are you interested in WT/relocating after graduation?
    Relevant experiences/ information about previous internships.
    GPA/experiences in my program (my VP graduated from the same college and department that I am in)

The phone call was around 20 minutes long, at the end I was offered an internship. I was in talks with some other companies and asked if I could take a little while to get back to him with a decision. I was told that it was fine, but there was a time limit on the offer (I wasn't told how long it was exactly, but I would imagine no more than 2 weeks at the maximum).

I confirmed that I would accept the internship offer a week later, and received an intro packet in the mail a month later with information on the program and directions for a drug test that had to be done before I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stipend for interns is standardized across the company. Housing was also provided, which I was made aware of during the interview phase.