Whiting-Turner Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whiting-Turner Project Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

The on-site interview consisted of meeting with 6 of their employees in the office (speed dating style), a lunch at a restaurant, and a project site visit.

First, I met with 6 of their employees individually for 30-45 minutes. Each asked a couple of questions and talked about a certain topic regarding the company and then I asked questions from them.

The lunch took a long time and while sitting at the table, the Vice President kept asking questions. During the lunch, while we were talking about food, one of the interviewees questioned the integrity of a very successful and well-respected Mexican restaurant in Laramie, WY and even worse the VP of Whiting-Turner continued the conversation by questioning their food safety and kitchen cleanliness. Apparently the guy has never been in that restaurant, which has an open kitchen and the customers can easily see what is happening inside the kitchen and how the food is being prepared. I was very offended with the racist and judgmental comments of the VP, the leader of the Colorado office!!! I am sorry that I did not stand up for the restaurant and did not leave the table.

The site visit was pretty quick. No proper introduction about the project or the staff on the site. I was not impressed at all. They kept bragging about their safety records and how much they cared about safety and their employees. But when we were visiting the construction site, they did NOT give us, the four interviewees, SAFETY ORIENTATION before entering and visiting the construction site!!! There were several very serious safety issues on that construction site. I am OSHA-30hr construction safety certified and I was very disappointed that they put us in that situation. I wonder what they would have done if anything had happened to any of their interviewees!!! Make sure to ask them about the orientation before going to the site or get a good life insurance!

My overall impression is that they only talk the talk but don't do walk the walk.

- They say it's about their people but it is all about how you are going to serve the company. They take uncalculated risks out of lack of knowledge and proper training.
- Training is not important to them.
- They do not value graduate-level education. So if you have a master's degree don't even bother.
- Diversity does not matter to them. So if you are not caucasian do NOT even bother.
- Male dominant work environment. Females be aware!
- Very old-style and close-minded leadership style. Bad role model!
- We-are-the-best and we-don't-need-advertisement type of attitude!

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?
    What are your core values?
    What other companies have you talked to?! (really???)
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whiting-Turner

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I visited the company during a campus career fair and was given an on-campus interview. Following this, I interviewed in Baltimore, MD. I talked to 5 different people for about a half hour each and then visited a job site.

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds or less, why should we pick you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I Started with a half hour interview at a job fair followed by a several hour interview in the office with several people. It was like speed dating and everyone in the company has different things to talk to you about.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I interviewed with six different groups at the company and they chose which group I would be best for. There were two interviews both fairly general. Nothing too specific was asked regarding my background in construction.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on that relates to construction from college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (New York, NY).

Interview

very casual. One on one interview with multiple employees. Asking why you want to work there and if you are ok with long term travel. Tell us more about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok traveling for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was lucky enough to land in interview with WT at their Chantilly office and the whole experience was great. It consisted of 3 interviews with higher management, lunch and a job site tour. The questions were standard and geared toward finding someone who would really fit in with WT. The whole process was great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer did not need to be negotiated

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Bozeman, MT) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an "easy" interview. Starting with the career fair. Very casual, only a few interview-like questions. Whole interview process consist of a meet and greet, school interview and secondary interview. Company was willing to fly me out and provide a hotel.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Very welcoming and they would just like to see what kind of person you are. Come dress professionally and have a great attitude. Do research on the company before going.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner in February 2016.

Interview

Project Managers from various offices came to my college campus and held an informal meet and greet for two hours. They held interviews the next day with the office you were interested in interning at. All representatives from Whiting-Turner were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was an all day event, where I had 5 interviews with different project managers individually followed by lunch and 2 job site tours. The process as a whole was a very fun experience and pretty laid back! The interviewers themselves were really nice and conversational rather than a typical interview where they have set questions to ask

Interview Questions

• Why construction management?   1 Answer