Whiting-Turner Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.4

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

They reached out to me and I interviewed with them at Penn State campus. The interview was with one person, very laid back and conversational. They asked standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whiting-Turner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Burlington, VT) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was simple, i had to show up and have a brief talk with one of the people there. They were very short and did not ask many useful questions

Interview Questions

• why does this interest you as apposed to the design side of engineering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I visited the company during a campus career fair and was given an on-campus interview. Following this, I interviewed in Baltimore, MD. I talked to 5 different people for about a half hour each and then visited a job site.

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds or less, why should we pick you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I Started with a half hour interview at a job fair followed by a several hour interview in the office with several people. It was like speed dating and everyone in the company has different things to talk to you about.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I interviewed with six different groups at the company and they chose which group I would be best for. There were two interviews both fairly general. Nothing too specific was asked regarding my background in construction.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on that relates to construction from college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (New York, NY).

Interview

very casual. One on one interview with multiple employees. Asking why you want to work there and if you are ok with long term travel. Tell us more about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok traveling for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was lucky enough to land in interview with WT at their Chantilly office and the whole experience was great. It consisted of 3 interviews with higher management, lunch and a job site tour. The questions were standard and geared toward finding someone who would really fit in with WT. The whole process was great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer did not need to be negotiated

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Bozeman, MT) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an "easy" interview. Starting with the career fair. Very casual, only a few interview-like questions. Whole interview process consist of a meet and greet, school interview and secondary interview. Company was willing to fly me out and provide a hotel.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. Very welcoming and they would just like to see what kind of person you are. Come dress professionally and have a great attitude. Do research on the company before going.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner in February 2016.

Interview

Project Managers from various offices came to my college campus and held an informal meet and greet for two hours. They held interviews the next day with the office you were interested in interning at. All representatives from Whiting-Turner were very friendly and easy to talk to.