Whittard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Whittard

2.2

Assistant Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whittard (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

nothing special they immediately hired me for bad reasons :the assistant manager was after girls. Well what do you want me to say, when there is really nothing to say. Good luck to bad people this ship is made off, that's all.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whittard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A very long drawn out process with far too much toing a froing. By the 3rd interview I had decided I no longer wanted the role due to their lack of organisation and the business outlook..... There is none!!!!

The other area managers have been with the business for far too long, over 25 years between the 2 of them. This is why the business is so dull with a HUGE need for an injection of life and new management. This business will never get out of its rut if upper management doesn't change.

I truely believe I dodged a bullet!!!!

Interview Questions

• Standard Area Manager interview questions. Nothing challenging or insightful.   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whittard.

Interview

When I got to the store, I was asked to do a trial "shift" which lasted an hour where they rotate you through different positions in the store and you are judged on your interaction with customers. I was then interviewed by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time that something challenged you and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whittard (Heathrow, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, one with area manager and one with HR. Very detailed- looked into all areas of cv and expected a swot. Two people interviewing- expect lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you increase on your budget by percentage last year.   1 Answer

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whittard (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

OK, pretty standard. I wasnt aksed anything too crazy - have you had a hard customer, what did you do, etc I showed my cv with a list of my last couple of jobs and the manager aksed me about them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation? They offered the job and i said yes. Its just a few hours while I'm at uni

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whittard (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

After a quick face-to-face with the manager I was asked to look round the store and attempt to sell her a basket with as high a value as possible. Very typical for a part-time retail job, so long as you've never murdered anyone (or at least never been caught doing so) and they've still got vacancies you're pretty much in.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whittard (Southampton, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Good interview, around 1h, you have some practical exercises as well in store. They definitely make sure they are hiring the right people to their business.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you've worked in a successful team?
      Why do you want to work for whittard?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whittard (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview which I attended. It was held in the staff room with the manager, and I was just asked a lot of questions about life experience - not necessarily work experience. After this half an hour, I then went downstairs and was given a tray of free samples to take outside onto the street and offer to passer-bys for half an hour. I was joined by one of the sales advisors for the first 5 minutes to show me the ropes, then left on my own. After this, I was taken by upstairs by the manager (who had received feedback from the sales advisor) and gave my availability for work and training which would take place the next week.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whittard (Reading, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

CV drop in shop, had a chat with the manager at the time, started a week later. Part time job, at first was given 5 hrs a week.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whittard.

Interview

Easy one on one conversational interview in the stock room with the Manager. I applied in person by going in store and received a phone call a few days later. It felt fairly relaxed and was a standard 20 minute questions and answer interview with the manager. I was offered the job by phone call a couple of days later and started work a couple of weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think are Whittard's main competitors?
      Describe a time you've given excellent customer service.   1 Answer