Whole Foods Market Assistant Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Assistant Team Leader Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with store management, team leadership and team members. You have to provide a short opening statement and closing statement to bookend the interview questions.

You also have to supply an action plan with what you want to accomplish in a leadership role in the first 30, 60 and 90 days.

There was additional homework about implementing cross training.

Interview Questions

• What would cause your team to have negative shrink?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Naples, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with Team Leader and his 1st Assistant Team Leader for a preliminary screening. Guys were very serious and rigorous in their questioning. Gave me even more respect for the store. I could see that these two were deeply committed to the company - another plus. I waited 2 weeks to hear back about whether I would get called back for Round 2 of interviews. I was disappointed that my "no thanks" email was a form letter. I've been a loyal customer for years, and the TL knew me. I didn't feel that he has very good interpersonal skills (which is why that leadership team needed ME! :) ) But I understand that in spite of all my great background and communication skills, my lacking specific retail background was a concern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tustin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A panel interview that was stacked favoring a particular candidate. You had projects you had to prepare in advance, and due diligence by talking to everyone on your team and getting their feedback before the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had a reality TV show, what would it be called?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked a bunch of very basic questions. There were 8 people on my panel, and it seemed like they just went around the table taking turns reading questions from a paper. I really felt like there were too many people there for such an small job and the only reason why the panel was so big was for the sake of it.

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Great interview because I felt very comfortable . They were pleasant and full of information and willing to discuss anything I asked.
    I found that it is important to know their philosophy.

Interview Questions

I received an offer for a lower paying entry level job. They promoted someone to the job I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with senior management and 1-2 subordinate Team Members. All interviews include an Action Plan that are designed by the applicant. The intent is to see if thought processes will be compatable with the team environment. The line of questioning is pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not succeed at work. What was you reaction?   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2013.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview with Whole Foods. Although I did not take the position, it was great experience and I learned a tremendous amount from the process. If you enjoy living a health lifestyle and helping others do so, a position at Whole Foods may be right for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Park City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

At Whole Foods you are encouraged to move up or move out. It is common for Team Members to move into other departments, other stores, get promotions, etc. I was interviewed once in person and hired on the spot. The second interview for a promotion consisted of a panel of store leadership and peers (Team Members). This was a strange interview as the position needed to be filled and it was more a review of my Action Plan than it was an interview. I agreed on the raise and it was simply, you are the one, good luck. The last interview was denied. I wasn't even allowed to apply for the position let alone learn from the application and interview process. I was completely shocked at the disregard for personal development. When I began to express this disappointment and to question the decision made by store leadership, punishment ensued.

Interview Questions

• If your were to be fired a year from now, what would it be for?   1 Answer
    • If the Store Leader asked you to wear a pink apron, would you do it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swampscott, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Swampscott, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I first met with direct manager that I would have been working under. He was very open and had a lot of good things to say about the company. The company is one of the best companies to work for when it comes to employee moral. I later returned to meet with a group of other managers. This was a bit nerve racking but they asked me mostly about myself and what I would do in certain situations. How do you disipline people? How do you deal with a dispute? What If you disagree with your boss? How do you deal with Customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO WHOLE FOODS.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss disagreed with descion that you made?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a Customer that was very rude to you?   1 Answer

Not enough money for me.

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Interview

Can be challenging. It matters the demographic and competition for position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really not much of one