Whole Foods Market Associate Store Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Associate Store Team Leader Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Store Team Leader Interview

Interview

Be prepared to know number - margin. Shrink control, situational questions, etc. What's the difference between a manager and a leader? What's your leadership style? Safety is huge and be ready to discuss and share examples from your experiences on the same.

Interview Questions

• What's is the main cause of spoilage in deli?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cambridge, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with members of regional Exectutive team, Regional Product Leadership, Team Member Services and Store Leadership. Presentation includes Action Plan for personal development and assimilation into a store.

Interview Questions

• If John Mackey (co-CEO) asked you to justify removing a Core Value, which one would you pick and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Submitted online application. Received a email requesting that I answer 4 questions. Submitted my reply and was then invited to interview one on one with HR rep. Then was invited to panel interview were there were approx 10 Store Team Leaders. They went around the table asking me questions various questions.

Interview Questions

• I had mentioned that in preparation for my panel interview, that I had visited several stores. I was asked what some of the display signs said.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Prescreen with store team leader and district manger, then on to a panel interview with the stores TL group. Fairly standard interview process. I was advised not to wear a tie to the panel interview, but more business casual. The panel at first was intimidating but after warming up and making them laugh things got a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 3 top strengths and 3 biggest areas of opportunities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Greenville, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and a month or so later was called by HR to set up a phone screen a couple days later. The phone screen lasted about 40 minutes and was pretty standard get-to-know you type stuff as well as my experience and knowledge of WF and their culture. Was then contacted by a store manager to set up an in-person interview two weeks from that date. The interview would be held 4 hours from home, about 250 miles 1-way.

I was then emailed a schedule for that day to include the names of the other people who were also interviewing. Three were current WF employees and one was not. Was I supposed to get the names of those also interviewing? About a week prior to my interview, HR called to find out if I was able to get the information I needed in order to prepare. She gave me names of people to contact I guess to “study” for the big day. One store manager that I spoke to was very brief and seemed that he didn’t want to be bothered. I spoke with another for about 40 minutes who was very informative, told me to be myself and that they are just trying to get to know if I am the right fit for their culture.

Day of the interview, again I DRIVE 4 HOURS AND 250 MILES. It’s a panel interview of about 10 people ranging from HR, various store managers and an extremely arrogant VP. I knew that WF was very casual, but because this was an interview I wore a suit. I wish they would have invited me to dress business casual as participating in a panel interview is nerve-wracking enough, it was uncomfortable when I’m in a suit and others are wearing shorts and nose rings.

Normally I interview very well. In a standard interview there is conversation back and forth and you know what to expect and can actually be yourself. However this panel interview was more of an inquisition with questions being fired off to me with no rhyme or reason or order. What do you regret? Tell us of a time that you reprimanded an employee, etc. Then the VP wanted to ROLE PLAY with me being a manager and him being a customer complaining about the meat. He then asked me to explain how WF meat differs from their competitors. I did a lot research but didn't quite get that deep into the differences of their individual products. I hope that would be something that I would learn once there. Instead of getting to know me, it felt more that the VP was trying to stump or corner me. There was no way I could relax, be myself and answer these questions professionally. How can they possibly get a feel for someone and if they fit in their culture by putting them in an extremely uncomfortable situation?

When I walked out, they warmly greeted the next person – an obvious current employee. He was dressed in cargo pants and an untucked dirty white shirt. At this point I knew that it was not a good interview however I still wanted the job as I have heard many great things about the company. When I got home 4 HOURS AND ANOTHER 250 MILES LATER, I emailed each person individually to thank them.

Not one of the 10 people I emailed even responded with a thanks or good luck. Since it has been 2 weeks and well past the 24-72 hour window which they indicated that a decision would be made, I am going to assume that I was not the right candidate for the job. As probably most people who apply and are lucky enough to land an interview with Whole Foods, I was enthusiastic about the possibility of joining a company who respect their customers, understand that empowering their "team-members" is highly effective and being active in both the local and global community is an important part of their mission.

Throughout my career, I have interviewed many people myself. The applicants have ranged from hourly dishwashers to management candidates. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I've always extended the courtesy of either a phone call or at the minimum an email to let them know that we had selected a more qualified candidate. In light of the fact that I drove 500+ miles and have not received a phone call, email or a text, tells me that no, I am not a good fit for their culture. So thank you, Whole Foods for not extending me the professional courtesy of a phone call or an email to let me know that you've moved on. You have saved me the disappointment I would have felt had you done so. Instead, I am able to see that no amount of purported core values, mission statements, panel interviews or role-playing can supersede the adage that actions speak louder than words. Your lack of professionalism speaks volumes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

this can be an extensive process. You are required to visit each store and tour it, as well meet with each Store Team Leader and discuss the role and store. Then, the actual interview is in front of an 8-10 person panel including all store team leaders, executive coordinator of operations, regional vp and hr representative. Questions are behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to rank each store and leader based on your visits to the entire room of leaders.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation, salary and position is what it is