Whole Foods Market Associate Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Associate Team Leader Interview Questions

3.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Spring, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone call, phone call with executive coordinator for the area, panel interviews then RVP makes the final decision. Interview questions were your basic "tell me about a time" describe to me how you would handle a situation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question
  • What would your former employees say they missed the most and the least about you?   Answer Question

They basically wasted my time. I have 12 years of retail store management experience (including being a big box retail store manager) and I was selected to talk about an Associate Team Leader position? Base was $62400 and it didn't matter what experience you had and they tried to convince me that the benefits offset the salary! How does 20% off overpriced foods, a personal wellness account, not matching 401k, 3 weeks of PTO offset that salary for someone with that experience? Recruiters really need to look at the position they are looking to fill and not select an over qualified applicant and insult them.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Porter Ranch, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Casual environment , dress casual to formal . They want to know you , what skills you have , do you know culture and how you work with diffrent personalitys .

Interview Questions

• What is margin ? What are some things that affect your margin ?   2 Answers

Associate Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

All applications are online. If you meet specific requirements then you will be either pre-screened or called in for an interview. Make sure you know about the company! Too many people know absolutely nothing about the company they are applying to work for. Show interest in moving up, the company is vastly expanding. Lastly, maintain a positive attitude and demeanor. Answers should be positive but honest. Show a passion for leading!!!

Interview Questions

• Most questions are open ended, so think about specifics moments in all of your managerial or leadership experience that stand out.. negative and positive. Times where you failed and why, biggest leadership lesson, and tell me about a time you had to humble yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

There is a pre screen call, then after, you get invited to a formal interview panel and asked to bring a project or homework that they assign to you at the time of the invitation.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about your job, what don't you like? how would you manage a given situation? how would your peers describe you? your boss? your family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation phase was not pretty simple, they can only offer a certain hourly wage, you can negotiate a few dollars but they usually have a goal based on their department's sales and so you can really only fall into a specific bracket at the end of the day. this is something that they are up front with you about on the initial call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Port Chester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy interview process as long as you put in the effort towards your action plan. Have knowledge of overall team/department and confident during the interview. You'll interview in front of a panel but at the end of the day is the STL decision if are hired. Mostly politics when you move up the chain. Kissing butt will get you far.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview process. The Store Team Leader, Associate Store Team Leader, department Team Leader, head cutter, and a team member all surround you asking multiple questions. Could have regional coordinators or merchandisers on the panel as well. Must complete an "action plan" on what you want to accomplish and how if offered the position in a 30, 60, 90 day format. Will last 30min to over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Whole Foods likes to conduct panel interviews with as many as 15 people involved in the process. This can be very nerve racking for external candidates. The hiring managers want everyone to believe the process is democratic but in reality the decision ultimately is made by one or two people.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have to help separate Whole Foods from it's competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Meet with store and regional leadership informally at first, then proceed to panel interview if selected. Interview lasts 45-60 minutes with opportunity for statement in addition to answering questions and presenting assignment/project in some cases.

Interview Questions

• Which core value do you best associate with, and how would you create passion for that value with your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was done over phone and email. The hiring team leader was quite responsive and personable. We spoke on the phone as well and conducted an informal interview. The in-person interview had a panel of 5 - store team leader, regional coordinator, team leader, team member and a team leader from another department. It usually takes about 24 hours to hear back on the results from the interview. IF you did not receive the position you will likely receive feedback on why not and what to improve before you apply again (if you are set on working for the company).

Interview Questions

• It is hard to say what the most difficult question is, but some of the harder questions involve financials (margin, etc) as well as real life scenarios that management is involved in. The interview panel will ask questions to gauge proficiency in managing people as well as extensive knowledge in department operations and product knowledge. It is very common to get promoted from within, but when no viable candidates are identified, outside candidates receive a chance to interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation on the hourly wage.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with several members of the team, team leadership, store leadership and regional leadership. Starts with opening statement, then to rapid fire questions from any TM present, then ends with a closing statement.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style of leadership and provide an example.   Answer Question