Whole Foods Market Associate Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Associate Team Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I was told after the interview that even though I was the best qualified, I interviewed so badly that they only begrudgingly gave me the job. The group interview process at whole foods is really just a game of politics

Interview Questions

• would i rather hit margin or make money   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Meet with store and regional leadership informally at first, then proceed to panel interview if selected. Interview lasts 45-60 minutes with opportunity for statement in addition to answering questions and presenting assignment/project in some cases.

Interview Questions

• Which core value do you best associate with, and how would you create passion for that value with your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview process. The Store Team Leader, Associate Store Team Leader, department Team Leader, head cutter, and a team member all surround you asking multiple questions. Could have regional coordinators or merchandisers on the panel as well. Must complete an "action plan" on what you want to accomplish and how if offered the position in a 30, 60, 90 day format. Will last 30min to over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with several members of the team, team leadership, store leadership and regional leadership. Starts with opening statement, then to rapid fire questions from any TM present, then ends with a closing statement.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style of leadership and provide an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Port Chester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy interview process as long as you put in the effort towards your action plan. Have knowledge of overall team/department and confident during the interview. You'll interview in front of a panel but at the end of the day is the STL decision if are hired. Mostly politics when you move up the chain. Kissing butt will get you far.

Associate Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview

First you must apply and ask your existing Team leader and get there "blessing" so if you are not in good terms with them, they disapprove of you applying to leave the team. Then once approved you have to contact all on the panel, and do your "Due Diligence" Then for the interview they want you to have a completed action plan as if you have the job already.

Interview Questions

• usually a question involving a core value or the culture of the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview panel. The phone interview was short just spoke about myself and the panel interview was thorough a lot of situational they want to know you can adapt to the culture and have a team attitude

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Porter Ranch, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Casual environment , dress casual to formal . They want to know you , what skills you have , do you know culture and how you work with diffrent personalitys .

Interview Questions

• What is margin ? What are some things that affect your margin ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Spring, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone call, phone call with executive coordinator for the area, panel interviews then RVP makes the final decision. Interview questions were your basic "tell me about a time" describe to me how you would handle a situation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question
    • What would your former employees say they missed the most and the least about you?   Answer Question

They basically wasted my time. I have 12 years of retail store management experience (including being a big box retail store manager) and I was selected to talk about an Associate Team Leader position? Base was $62400 and it didn't matter what experience you had and they tried to convince me that the benefits offset the salary! How does 20% off overpriced foods, a personal wellness account, not matching 401k, 3 weeks of PTO offset that salary for someone with that experience? Recruiters really need to look at the position they are looking to fill and not select an over qualified applicant and insult them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Whole Foods likes to conduct panel interviews with as many as 15 people involved in the process. This can be very nerve racking for external candidates. The hiring managers want everyone to believe the process is democratic but in reality the decision ultimately is made by one or two people.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have to help separate Whole Foods from it's competitors?   1 Answer