Whole Foods Market Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Cloud Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

*Applied November 2016

*Received email from recruiter about role and time to talk in February 2017.

*Talked with recruiter, was told I would be speaking to more folks on the team. Then nothing -- complete silence.

*Followed up three times by email and twice by phone and then gave up.

Terrible interview process. I am not sure what is going on at the corporate office here in Austin, but no way would I work for anyone who doesn't even remotely value job candidates.

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was in-person and quick, on the spot. They obviously had a high need for people in the taco section, so I was sent there after a quick initial examination of my resume. I was relatively qualified already for the job, but it doesn't take much skill to serve a taco. Have a little bit of experience in the food industry before walking in, though, just so you know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer

POS Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing agency, They were super responsive and very helpful for the interview process. I had 2 interviews, one with the staffing agency and 1 with Whole Foods. Took about 2 weeks total before I received a job offer that i accepted. The people interview me were super cool and friendly. MY advice to anyone applying would be to be your self. they can teach you the skills you need but they cant change your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us,.   1 Answer

365 Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX).

Interview

It's a a sub-par process, mostly because of long timing and constant non-responsiveness and lack of communication. It takes them about 3 weeks to communicate between each round as if they're expecting candidates just to be applying exclusively with them and no one else. After passing 2 rounds, no information came back after constantly asking whether I have made it to next round or not. I am a big fan of WFM and I love what John Mackey has done, but the hires that work there and the interview process is far what you would expect, considerate to one's time and definitely not where John would probably want it to be. A word of advice to hiring folks - feel free to ignore application submissions (as I'm sure you already do), but it's wrong to have zero communication with candidates who are already deep in the process.

I finally got a response weeks later, and good thing I already pursued other job opportunities just as they also decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would your former colleagues or your manager say about you? Positives and negatives.   Answer Question
    • Which WFM value do you relate to the most?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Wonderfully helpful in being specific of what I should bring. Was interviewed by only the store director. Usually it is done by a panel process in other stores. After 30 days the "team" voted to keep me as a team member.

Interview Questions

• Do I enjoy working with customers   1 Answer
    • Do I shop at Whole Foods   1 Answer

POS Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Although they asked many of the expected questions, they asked them in a strange way, like asking two questions at once. Very nice interviewers and good atmosphere, but be prepared for them to try and shake you loose. Simply having a prepared self pitch for the "tell us about yourself" question is insufficient, because they asked me that and a follow-up question about the position at the same time. Really looking for adaptable minds.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

.easy, filled out online called within a week. interview at store no issues. panel interview. came in for second interview and was offered a job.easy, filled out online called within a week. interview at store no issues. panel interview. came in for second interview and was offered a job.easy, filled out online called within a week. interview at store no issues. panel interview. came in for second interview and was offered a job.easy, filled out online called within a week. interview at store no issues. panel interview. came in for second interview and was offered a job

Social Media Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

very rigorous. Went through a 3 interviews. I was one of the finalist and ended up not getting the Internship. Their social media team seemed very fun and innovative to work with. Would have been great experience. I challenge anyone in the marketing field to apply for this internship. Seems like it is worth your time.

Global Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with a very brief initial phone screening in which I was asked basics about my management style and experience leading large labor forces. I was then asked to complete a "project" whereby I would propose how to bolster the training regimen of Whole Foods. I produced a stellar proposal and was invited to the final Panel interview as a result. The Panel interview consisted of 4 local (Austin) managers and 6-7 national-wide leaders attending via conference call. I was asked many behavioral and theoretical questions regarding how to implement a safety training program. At no time was any attention paid to my work experience or knowledge of safety as it pertained to the position in question.

I quickly realized I was there only to meet a quota as a matter of due diligence on their part. Cold body language (from the panel) and general lack of interest was palpable from the start. Their safety program is in obvious disarray and I suspect it will stay that way, judging by the quality of "Safety" personnel associated with the company on LinkedIn. Needless to say, I will not be wasting one more millisecond of my life on Whole Foods Market.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX).

Interview

From what I can remember (as it has been a few years since)... It was REALLY hard to get an interview. No matter how many people you knew in the store. Once I got the interview - I moved on the same day to the second and then the third at another time.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
      Tell us about your worst customer experience and how you handled it?
      Answer Question