Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We sat at a table outside and briefly talked about the job and the hours. She asked me about my experience and my availability. I was informed that the job was not very hands on and that I would probably like to apply at another location that was hiring a cake decorator.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was incredibly laid back. I met with the TL and one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders. They basically just asked me about previous experience, and why I was interested in the position. I would recommend studying up on Whole Foods' core values prior to the interview, because they really want employees who embody them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate pay, because they start off all of their team members at the same hourly pay.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Reno, NV).

Interview

Interview was casual and laidback. I was interviewed by two people, the store manager and team manager. The whole process from filling out the application, first phone call to set up interview, actual interview, to starting date was quite long.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied Online. Was called in for am interview a week later. Interviewed with 2 managers for 45 minutes about experiences and reactions to certain situations. Was offered a position the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Roseville, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed, informal. I had to bug the team leader for an interview several times. I didn't have to prepare but it's still good to know a little about the company and what they stand for.

Interview Questions

• -How would I feel about working holidays, weekends, and early mornings.
      -How much knowledge do I have?
      -What skills did I have   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Rochester Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

My first interview was pretty brief. I interviewed with the two Assistant Team Leaders of the bakery department. They didn't ask very difficult questions, just going over my work history- what I did at previous jobs, why I left them, etc. They said their Team Leader would be there in an hour and asked if I could do my second interview later that day, which I did. When I said I liked Whole Foods' values, the team leader perked up and asked, "Like what?" which I was not particularly prepared for... It would probably be helpful to research the company values because they seem pretty important to management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods? How do you handle working in a stressful environment (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pembroke Pines, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

They make you feel like its the most important and only job in the world, like they're testing you out to fit the secret service. Depending on your store they tell you to wait in the cafe area, where your surrounded by everyday shopping customers(which is a huge distraction adding on to the nervousness of an interview). They ask a few questions and give you a couple scenarios to solve and thats it.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Job Fair
    Went inside the building for the job fair, met with one of the supervisors and got a job on the spot.

I have to type more because there is a 50 word minimum on this section

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Basic interview questions. They just want to see if you are going to be good with the public.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bowling Green, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online application, they called me in for an interview. I met with team leaders and store team leaders. There also was a second interview. I was interviewed in the cafe during lunch, it felt ver y exposed and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Found job listing Tuesday & applied online. Received a call from the bakery department team lead & was asked to come in for an interview that following Friday..
    I interviewed with the team lead & the bakery assistant, then had a quick interview with the store manager..interview was very straightforward, relaxed--overall simple & easy going..very quick process. I had no prior bakery experience (only 1 yr customer service/cash handling) & I was offered the job on the spot. Starting pay at $11/hr, 30hours a week
    Every location will be a different experience but I'd recommend being confident, be yourself, & be truly enthusiastic about learning skills from the job..growing within the company & building good work relationships. Emphasize your values & beliefs about healthy living/eating/positive lifestyle changes & you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation