Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.4

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to come in for an interview. I got there and waited in a room with about 15 other people. When I finally got called in they realized I had extensive retail experience and thought I would be a good fit. The manager then had me meet with the bakery team members to finish the interview. When I told them I would need the day before Thanksgiving off to see my family in Chicago they said they would not hire me. They asked me to change my flight if I wanted to be hired. I know the importance of attendance during the holidays being that I have worked in retail 5+ years, however it appeared that this was all Whole Foods cared about. I found it ironic that they claim to care about all their employees, yet they wouldn’t hire me because I said I needed one day off to see my family. It seemed like they only wanted someone that could donate every hour of their lives to the company. That’s not what I was looking for in a part-time job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Coral Springs, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a call a day after I applied online for an interview the day after (2 days after I applied online) interview was one on one with the team leader (? I think) it was in the cafe area and she just asked pretty basic questions, was pretty chill even though I was nervous. Just make sure to smile and talk about loving organic food and mention “real food that is of the highest quality”. They will ask what you like to buy there so be prepared!! She asked me if I was open to going into other departments like bakery since I did have bakery experience from Publix and I said yes. I knew I didn’t get it because she said she’d call the next day if I got it but I didn’t. A week later however, I got a call from the bakery asking me to come in for an interview. This interview was with two people (I think they were a manager and assistant manager of the bakery department idk) it was a lot more questions but it allowed me to really cover all my experiences. and basics about myself and allowed them to get to know me better and for me to prove myself. They told me they’d call on Saturday and that they had a lot more people to interview (I interviewed on Wednesday) I left thinking I didn’t get it because there were more people but I got a call on Friday and was told they wanted to give me a job! I actually have orientation tomorrow. I can just say to make sure you smile and are polite obviously. Don’t be on your phone at all in front of them and dress nicely (I wore black dress pants for women and a white button up long sleeve) and make sure to say at the end “thank you for this opportunity” just all around be professional and courteous . Bonus points if you’re vegan because they love that. BRING YOUR RESUME/ A COVER LETTER EVEN THOUGH YOU ALREADY POSTED IT ONLINE IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU REALLY WANT IT.

Interview Questions

• Favorite thing to buy here at Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you’re a good fit?/ what makes you stand out?   1 Answer
    • What’d you like about your last job/ why’d you leave?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working in extremely hot and cold conditions   1 Answer
    • What are some of your hobbies/ interests?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever dealt with a bad coworker or someone who you had a problem with at work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know food safety rules? (Something like that   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Whole Foods   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn’t satisfy a customer and what you did   1 Answer
    • What’s the difference between hospitality and customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews. Both very friendly. Would definitely know the core values and which ones resonate the most with you and why Whole Foods is a company you WANT to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I came, we talked, I was supposed to get a second interview because the lady liked me but she never called back. I was also alone when we met, there were two other candidates. I don’t think I was hired because it would’ve been my first job so I had little experience.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I applied online and I got an interview a week or 2 later. When they called me about coming in for an interview, they also asked me a few questions. Going in, the interviewer was friendly and it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in a when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Valencia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed 2 days after application submission at wholefoods's market Valencia CA January 2017, it was a panel interview of 1 HR Rep and 2 Bakery Team Leads, they all seemed to get a long with me great and after the interview they told me they'd let me know the next day. I received a call 4 days later from one of the Team leads and in a very disrespectful tone she told me "Sorry for the inconvenience the position has been taken by someone more capable." And hung up, I didn't get to respond whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wellington, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the Store Manager and felt very welcomed and relaxed. After I met with her briefly, I then met with the Bakery Manager and Assistant Manager. Both very friendly and made the process less stressful. I was also able to ask questions which helped identify areas of employment that I knew would be important to making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What was something I did in my previous employment that I was praised for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oakland, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited for a scheduled interview but it turned out to be a job fair. I was interviewed a supervisor, the leader of my team, and then an ASTL.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, CA).

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com
    I got a email a couple days later saying I had an interview the next week at noon.
    Got to the whole foods early so I stood right by the bakery dept. One of the employees noticed me and asked me if I was there for an interview. I said yes and he told me I was going to get the job and he couldn't wait to work with me. I felt a lot of weight lift off my shoulders and felt welcomed already even though I haven't even met the person who was interviewing me.

Once the interview started I breezed through the routine questions like "what made you apply for this position?" "Are you able to come in early mornings?" "What are some of your hobbies?" Etc
    I was told I was likeable and I had another interview in a couple days with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sonoma, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward and easy. I first interviewed with the Store Manager and then the Bakery Team Leader.They asked very basic questions about my past job experience and my personality, overall very relaxed.