Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Valencia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed 2 days after application submission at wholefoods's market Valencia CA January 2017, it was a panel interview of 1 HR Rep and 2 Bakery Team Leads, they all seemed to get a long with me great and after the interview they told me they'd let me know the next day. I received a call 4 days later from one of the Team leads and in a very disrespectful tone she told me "Sorry for the inconvenience the position has been taken by someone more capable." And hung up, I didn't get to respond whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wellington, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the Store Manager and felt very welcomed and relaxed. After I met with her briefly, I then met with the Bakery Manager and Assistant Manager. Both very friendly and made the process less stressful. I was also able to ask questions which helped identify areas of employment that I knew would be important to making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What was something I did in my previous employment that I was praised for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, CA).

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com
    I got a email a couple days later saying I had an interview the next week at noon.
    Got to the whole foods early so I stood right by the bakery dept. One of the employees noticed me and asked me if I was there for an interview. I said yes and he told me I was going to get the job and he couldn't wait to work with me. I felt a lot of weight lift off my shoulders and felt welcomed already even though I haven't even met the person who was interviewing me.

Once the interview started I breezed through the routine questions like "what made you apply for this position?" "Are you able to come in early mornings?" "What are some of your hobbies?" Etc
    I was told I was likeable and I had another interview in a couple days with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What's your schedule like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sonoma, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward and easy. I first interviewed with the Store Manager and then the Bakery Team Leader.They asked very basic questions about my past job experience and my personality, overall very relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Danbury, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back maybe a week later. Got an in-person interview maybe a week after that, a second interview that same week, hired early the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I've interviewed at a bunch of different Whole Foods in the past. Some do a phone screening first asking basic customer service questions, and then they invite you to a in-person interview if you pass. Other stores just do a in-person interview.
    One Whole Foods hired me on the spot; another took 7 days after the in-person interview to call me to hire me.

The questions they ask will require you to draw upon previous work experience to describe certain situations. For example: Describe a time when a customer was being difficult. How did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to step up to do something at a job that showed leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dublin, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got called for a phone screening then waited about 2 days to go in for an in person interview after that waited to get my background check to come clean and went in for a orientation day

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and customer satisfaction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fairfield, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and Arduous. I had a phone interview first and then I was called into the store 2 times to meet with different managers. After I was offered the job it took weeks before someone contacted me about training. None of the training classes were In the location I applied for. In the meantime I was offered another job and took it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to Whole Foods through an employee referral, and was contacted within two days of applying. There was first an initial phone screening which was pretty easy and the recruiter was super friendly so it helped. Then a one on one interview was scheduled, and the manager was very friendly as well. My advice is to do your research on the company and be yourself (they appreciate individuality)

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

There was a phone screening that lasted about 5 minutes. Questions asked were pretty basic, such as "Tell me about a time you experienced a difficult customer and how you handled it." I was brought in for a face-to-face interview with the two managers of the bakery. They asked pretty similar questions and were super friendly. Then they asked if I would be interested in a third interview with one of the store managers. He seemed a little more intimidating but the interview went smoothly. When they ask if you have any questions ask them what they like about working at Whole Foods! I asked each of my interviewers and they gave really passionate answers that made me eager to get the job. Not only will they know you care about working for the company, but it's probably not often they get to answer a question that makes their face light up like that.

Interview Questions

• Why Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • Why the bakery, since it's not the healthiest department in the store?   1 Answer
    • If you could be any piece of baking equipment what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they started me at their base pay of $11/hr.