Whole Foods Market Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Barista Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.4

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2016.

Interview

It was a huge group interview for a store opening. Lots of people watching us. A group of 30 people all had to stand up and say what position we were interested in & why we wanted to work for WF. We also had to make up skits.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 most important steps you would consider to be part of customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a of couple days later asking if I could come for an in person interview. This was my first interview so naturally, I was nervous. I went in and was interviewed for about 10 minutes or less by 2 people. One of them was not friendly at all and didn't even smile when I met her, the other was okay. I'm guessing I did not get the position after they realized I was not 18 and would have to wait a month for me to be 18. Would of been nice to include that in the application. Overall both people who interviewed me were very unfriendly, but interview was extremely easy.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to help open a new store online. Not even three days later, I was contacted and did a phone interview and then an in-person interview with the Team Leader and Store Leader. Super chill. Need to have a grasp on manual espresso machines to settle in easily but it's not required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

They asked me the standard questions like:

"Why would you like to work for Whole Foods?"
    "What's your favorite drink?"
    "Have you any prior food service or retail experience?"
    "How long have you worked at (previous coffee employer)?"
    "Are you willing to leave your current job?"

I know I particularly wanted a second job or a place that could apply full time. They told me immediately they were looking for night shift & weekend only; 25 - 30 hours a week. They didn't speak anything about pay with me.

I know at the time I applied, about 70 others had applied. I am aware that WF is really competitive. The interview only lasted 10 minutes, which personally I felt was not a good sign. I had the interview with two people present and both seemed friendly but not genuinely fully invested in the interview. I was prepared for more complicated questions but again, the interview was not long enough to even get to important questions.

Interview Questions

• "Are you willing to look into other positions or expand with the company?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Lasted 5 seconds. Seemed to just want me to show up to make sure I wasn't a meth head or insane. Cursory review of my application. Later after I accepted the offer went to a bogus training session and realized that I'd be working with plenty of crazies.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience as a barista?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

applied for a job on the internet, had to apply several times before I got called for an interview. The interview was relatively easy and straightforward. I first met with a store leader, then was called back a few days later to meet with the team leader of the team i'd be working on. He said it was between myself and one other person but that he picked me because I was funny, outgoing, and friendly. They are really big on personable people, so even if you aren't normally witty, and outgoing, it's best to try to be for your interview, it could mean the difference between you and someone else.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any difficult questions at my interview. They asked if I liked cooking, why I wanted to work for Whole Foods, if I shopped there prior to applying. They asked a lot of questions about my previous jobs, I assume since the experience was specifically relevant to the job I was applying for there. They asked why I left my previous jobs, what my duties were, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for me. They told me their starting pay, and since I was not applying for a higher-up position I didn't bother to try for something better; the pay was also much better than what you can normally expect for a Barista.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Pretty alright, though you do have to go through two rounds of interviews. First with a team leader then a manager and an assistant! It was pretty chill, conversational for the most part. They hire you if they like you! Just be positive and upbeat and hopefully they'll see that too. They ask you for a background check after as well if you're offered the job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted application online. I followed up by going into the store to inquire more. Then I got a call from a manager and was asked if I had time to do a mini phone interview. It was average. Some questions that were basically going over and confirming the info I already gave them, with some real interview questions thrown in. I was already prepared from studying their website, which helped me in answering the questions. Then we scheduled an in store interview. It seemed to go well. Above average difficulty considering, it was pretty thorough with a mix of all different kinds of the standard interview questions. As long as you did some homework, are familiar with the company you'll be fine. Definitely they threw in questions that are kind of tricky, that are no win interview questions and you have to find a way to answer honestly without looking like a cheeseball. I enjoyed the interview and felt comfortable with the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at work when you got angry?   1 Answer
    • I spoke to this reference you put, so what do you think she told me that she thinks your biggest weaknesses are?   1 Answer